Windows 7 Issue

Hello everyone,i have a question,i do not know how to set my Windows 7 to be Home,so that i could create a HomeGroup for my two PC's to connect them. I don't know how to do that,nor how to set Windows 7 to work in the same network (to be connected) with my other Computer (Operational system: XP). I am looking for someone with some of next chat programs (Skype,xFire,mIRC(IRC))to explain me how to set this,thanks in forward. Bye.

For Homegroups to work, your connection type must be set to Home network, not Work or pubilc.

Change this in your network settings.

i know that -_- . Anyway i have fixed that but another problem appeared,when i try to share file on Win7 for XP,it's not working,first i had trouble to access the WIN 7 PC Icon from the XP but i got pass that,and when i get into Win 7 from XP,i can't acess any of the stuff I shared,does someone knows how to change it?

umm, in windows XP, when you are 'sharing' that folder / hard drive, did you set the permissions so that the person on the W7 PC can access / edit / delete / read the information on there?

(I'm not sure how you do this, but it can be a problem if it's not done)