RP Severs

Apparently everyone and their brother is opening an RP Server. If anyone would like to help us develop one that is currently 96% done and is ALL custom proprietary scripts then please PM Me. A lot of positions are needed outside of development in the RP role too.

opening a successful RP server now days is like winning the lottery.

And almost all RP Servers are using a Godfather edit, And says that its a Unique script. rofl

There are a few unique scripts out there, but I have to say this, roleplay is extremely boring, and so is Stunting/DM/Freeroam most of the time.

Godfather should be at least taken off for good. Every good server dies...

That is your personal opinion. A lot of people think DM is boring.

I know a few people who are ambitious to start an RP server from scratch and create something new and unique. In fact one guy I know (Seth Bacon) did create a unique server from scratch but only for fun. He didn't plan on making it into a community, just a mini-project for his own satisfaction. There are some very enthusiastic and creative scripters out there but for whatever reason they're not willing to put their work into action nor make any profit from their work.

There's a lot of competition out there with the limited amount of players at SA:MP so I guess the main problem with creating a new server is distributing it and actually attracting people to it. Once you have a player-base of 50 organised then things can take off but getting to that with an appealing script can be difficult.

On topic with your post I'm not personally interested but I will forward you to a few of my friends that may be. Good luck.

The problem is SA-MP is not as booming as it used to be. If I had done this in the beginning we would have a larger player base. I am tired of going into servers and finding a God Father edit, it literally makes me sick. This script we are developing is COMPLETELY custom, there is not one script copied from something else. With the new SA-MP updates and the things we can now do everyone and their brother wants to make a server. This server I am making with my team of developers is going to be great, instead of having dozens of RP servers why not put our heads together to make a really great one. You can check us out here; www.palominotownship.org

The public Gamemode problem is really complex, deleting the Godfather GM would be simply being stupid.
The forums is there for something, the reason is to relase gamemodes.
So from the SA-MP Team, even if they hate it, it's a quite hard decision.
And not only Godfather; Also raven's and Carlito.

Now, if you can notice some of those servers have 3 or 5 members and i have seen some servers with scratch-made script empty.
The reason of that is simple, people that don't script don't know about Raven's or Carlito, some don't even know that people can create gamemodes.
I've also seen some servers lie saying it was scratch-made.
Vortex Roleplay by Calgon is a great script, really Dynamic, I've seen a server saying it was Scratch-Made, but what they did? they just changed all the positions (with IG Commands), delete almost all credits.
Now that's a problem about releasing dynamic scripts.

The credit-giving problem is another complex problem, but that's quitely offtopic.
The solution can't be "deleting Godfather" nor deleting the forums.
The solution for all the Roleplayers is to find the server where they want to play, where they feel that the community is nice to them and where they feel comfortable. Copied Script, Unique script. whatever.

Now about making a new Roleplay Server with a copied script, it's really simple to know why.
The start is simple, it's either they didn't like a RP server and want to make one where the community "will" be great, or they want power.
notice that most of the owners of that servers are Chief of Police, President. etc.
There is lamely no solution that won't bring posts about "What happened to the Gamemode Forum?" or things like that.

Matthew "6d" Larrabure

I do agree with you, I played on two RP servers for each a year. I watched both of them both successful fall into demise. The one is still successful but to me its a DM server with a /me command. A lot of servers do preach that their scripts are custom when really all you find like you said, that positions are changed, things are renamed, and the credits have been taken out. We have spent since June creating this server, and its official released is scheduled for the second Friday in December. The server is open now, we are going to strive our server on custom scripts, a good community & therefore a good player base, and a well structured non evasive administration team. I am not saying take off God Father scripts, I am saying for the legitimate role player that's not what you want to see. I would hope everyone gives my server a try and that if you have any suggestions or ideas that you bring them forth. I do think this server has great opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr187
Посмотреть сообщение
opening a successful RP server now days is like winning the lottery.
Yeah, it is.