[Help] Streamer (I think)

My goodness. That is CRAZY.

OnPlayerUpdate is called about 20 times a SECOND. You are saving to that file too often.

This could be set up on a timer to execute every 60 seconds and would still be too much.

You are saving roughly 1,200 times a minute!!!

LMAO, so how the fuck do I fix it? It's the la-rp script..? Is the la-rp scripter a retart? I know I needed to script from scratch but I can't script that good.

Don't use OnPlayerDisconnect, player crashes, doesn't always save! Use a TIMER! 3 second timer or 500 ms.

500ms timer? Are you deluded?

Save it when it has to be saved. OnPlayerDeath/Disconnect/whenever something changes.

Put all of that code into something like...
pawn Код:
stock SavePlayerInfo(playerid)
{
       // Code here
}
And simply call SavePlayerInfo(playerid); when something relevant happens.

I don't understand how to save that shit I ain't that good tho.. But it never gave me any problems, the onplayerupdate and shit.. Can that be why the objects aren't loading? Because that's the main problem I will fix the other things but it was working w/e is the onplayerupdate seconds. It always worked and now it ain't. That's my problem. So does the onplayerupdate can make the objects disappear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsuckformoney
Посмотреть сообщение
Don't use OnPlayerDisconnect, player crashes, doesn't always save! Use a TIMER! 3 second timer or 500 ms.
It does get called when a player gets crashed.

@Joeri55, This MIGHT be the cause to the objects disappearance. We recommend you to take that out immediately first and see if it gets solved.

Timer saves time....

pawn Код:
//Filter or GamemodeInit
SetTimer("SavePlayer",5000,true); //5 seconds....

//somewhere else...
forward SavePlayer(playerid);
public SavePlayer(playerid)
{
       //What ever your playerinfo stuff is.....
       return 1;
}
Saves time, also its more efficient... You don't have to worry about your files not saving if crashed... If you die, there is no real need to update a file... Just PlayerInfo[playerid][Deaths]++; on OnPlayerDeath then save them later...

Well yeah, player crash, server crash them its kinda could be fucked.

Double post oops

It would be just as good saving under OnPlayerDisconnect then in a timer. The chances of your server crashing, unless your script is crash (which it shouldn't be on a server anyway), are very slim. With saving at the time the player disconnects is the best option, unless you are TRULY that worried about keeping everyone's stats perfect.

It's fixed.. I don't know why but since I deleted some things from my ftp and restarted it yesterday it's working again. Thanks for all your help guys! And bout the timer..

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsuckformoney
Посмотреть сообщение
Timer saves time....

pawn Код:
//Filter or GamemodeInit
SetTimer("SavePlayer",5000,true); //5 seconds....

//somewhere else...
forward SavePlayer(playerid);
public SavePlayer(playerid)
{
       //What ever your playerinfo stuff is.....
       return 1;
}
Saves time, also its more efficient... You don't have to worry about your files not saving if crashed... If you die, there is no real need to update a file... Just PlayerInfo[playerid][Deaths]++; on OnPlayerDeath then save them later...
Can I make from saveplayer onplayerupdate?

willsuckformoney, your code is VERY inefficient.

You should only save when a player does something that needs to be saved. Why would you save the SAME INFORMATION every 5 seconds? It's just utterly stupid.

On my server, we save kills and deaths, so the only time I need to worry is OnPlayerDeath. Why would I save the stat of kills/deaths on a timer? It only matters when a player dies.