Pickup problem

Hey guys, i kinda got a little problem with my pickup as i had it at first that whenever a player moved over it then it would set health and armour to 100 each.
Ive just tried having my first go at dialog systems and all seems fine from the small time i tested so far except one thing.

Whenever i stand on the icon the dialog box shows up but after say 4 seconds or maybe less it restarts
the dialog box to the first page before i get the choice to choose what i want. I was going to go to checkpoints
but i have not attempted playing with those yet so idk if that would solve the problem if i did.

Anyone got any ideas how i can stop it refreshing back to the first dialog screen without making the pick up dissapear for awhile or setting it as max pickups per player or anything?

Thanks - Barney

It happends becouse pickups are called always, so if you stand in the pickup, OnPlayerPickUpPickup will be called every ~1500 ms.

You should switch to checkpoints.

Hmm yeah i did want to use checkpoints but when i added it would show a little red mark
on the map for the checkpoint which was annoying

DestroyPickup when the player walks onto it, then create it again when you want it back

Well yeah i didnt want to destroy it but i have now changed to checkpoints anyways and the problem has gone now lols thanks anyways lenny

Although now theres a little tiny red dot on the minimap where ever i go its there is there a way to remove
this so its not shown on the map at all or in a certain range

Search the wikipedia, it's very obvious.

Hmm dunno i couldnt find maybe im blind lol

Well, if you want to know if a player is in a checkpoint, you could use IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint and setting a variable to 1 if he is in the range of that point, if he isn't, just set it to 0.

Would that remove the little red marker on the minimap though or would it keep it there untill your in whatever range is set?

I would just put a map icon over it but the checkpoint would still show on minimap if your out of range from the map icon right?

has lenny sayed sayed
DestroyPickup when the player walks onto it, then create it again when you want it back