How to make a textdraw bar?

Hey everyone,

I was wondering how could i make a simple experience bar, which is filling up as the player gains exp, i tried looking at all-bar FS but i didn't come up with a way to use the script on my experience bar, so can anyone tell me how to do it? ex drawing:

EXPERIENCE
[ 50/100 ]

just make a textdraw and make some .......... in string like ....... is 50% of bar and like if bla bla bla textdrawsetstiring .... and go 20%

Kitten just made something like it, check it out: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=185774

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_aSlice
Посмотреть сообщение
Kitten just made something like it, check it out: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=185774
I saw that, but he made the bar go with case's, and it only has 20experience, but mine script has over 2million, you expect me to write 1,999,999 million cases just to update the bar and i shall add more levels so that wouldn't be so clever hehe

edit: gigi, an example please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ne
Посмотреть сообщение
I saw that, but he made the bar go with case's, and it only has 20experience, but mine script has over 2million, you expect me to write 1,999,999 million cases just to update the bar and i shall add more levels so that wouldn't be so clever hehe

edit: gigi, an example please?
pawn Код:
switch(GetPlayerScore(killerid)/1000000)

Thats not what i had in mind,

the levels are defined like this:
pawn Код:
new LevelExp[40] = {5000, 18975, 30871, 41238, 52567, 63809, 75961, ......};
and the exp goes like: Current Exp/Next Level Exp
so if i have first level and 5678 exp it would look like:

5678 / 18975 and the bar should be filling as he gains exp, the method u gave , well i dont' know how to use it.

if(LevelExp >= 5000...
{
TextDrawSetString(yourtextdraw[playerid],".............");

I don't think thats the way of using it, if it is then how to fully write the line:
if(LevelExp[40]...
p.s, im using dudb for experience, i don't write like playerinfo[playerid][experience]+=amount;, i instantly save it to a file.

I thinked of a way but i don't know if its going to work, i'm not sure how to properly update the bar too,

the exp i would write like:
pawn Код:
playerDB[playerid][ExperienceLeft] = LevelExp[dUserINT(pName(playerid)).("Level")];
new str[128];
format(str,sizeof(str),"%d / %d",dUserINT(pName(playerid)).("Experience"),playerDB[playerid][ExperienceLeft]);
But how shall i update the bar for it to be exact as the exp, example: 2500/5000 , that should be 50% filled.

Anyone? I've tried using the progress bar creator, but the problem is that the bar stays full doesn't show correct progress and doesn't update when i gain exp
code:
pawn Код:
public ProgressBar()
{
    ForEach(x,MAX_PLAYERS)
    {
        if(ExpBar[x] != INVALID_BAR_ID)
        {
            SetProgressBarValue(ExpBar[x], LevelExp[dUserINT(pName(x)).("Level")]);
            UpdateProgressBar(ExpBar[x], x);
        }
    }
}
I tried posting in that thread, but noone seems to reply me in whole day

If max value is 100, then

pawn Код:
SetProgressBarValue(ExpBar[x], (dUserINT(pName(x)).("Experience") / LevelExp[dUserINT(pName(x)).("Level")]) * 100);

Now it stays at 0,i mean the bar is all empty

Bumpty bump. Anyone?

Help please.

I dont know that function that you use but you just have to use your brain.

-> Amount of Pixels that the bar has
-> Maximum amount of what you want to display

Then you can 'calculate' the pixels that the bar has to be enlarged for each exp

e.g. The bar has 300 pixels and the maximum amount of Exp is 100
Then you have to enlarge the bar by 3 pixels for each exp

Uhh.. I'm using an include atm : Progress bar 1.3.1, the bar looks like that:

/imageshack/img339/7272/samp148j.png

except its at 0, i don't want to enlarge any bars, it should be filling up and after i reach the level it goes to 0, i don't understand how else i can do it. But the code mademan gave me above:

SetProgressBarValue(ExpBar[x], (dUserINT(pName(x)).("Experience") / LevelExp[dUserINT(pName(x)).("Level")]) * 100);

First level exP: 5000 , second - 18975
so if i have 7538 exp that would be : 7538/18975x100=39.7% but it would be written like 39%. So the code is right but what else is wrong?

Still not solved, help please..

You do know that one is really really messed up? SetProgressBarMaxValue sets a max value of a progressbar, but it's on every progress bar (So if you got Bar:EXPBar[MAX_PLAYERS], and on OnPlayerConnect you do SetProgressBarMaxValue, that it changes EVERY EXPBar there is, so for every player?)..

atleast, it does kinda for me ;s