Unreadable server logs

[!SOLVED!]

Hello, I'm admin at a little server and need to read some server logs of yesterday. I searched every folder but I couldn't find the right ones. Only one of 5 november but it is unreadable due to weird symbols, there's not even text in it! I really need to read them for some private reason so I won't give any part of the logs. But I can give a part of another log:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random part of log
�щ-u®�gШш
Just symbols like this. We are using ServerFFS with an old, edited FRPG script. I really hope somebody can help me. I would be very thankful.
Greetz,
Sanderth.

If its not the server_log.txt, then it is a script fault.

Oh yeah, that's what I forgot to say: I can see every other server logs, like today's, left, join, pay, pm and cmds.

The logs are gzipped, you have to unzip them.

I saw they were in a gzip file, but even if I downloaded them, they were unreadable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woet
Посмотреть сообщение
The logs are gzipped, you have to unzip them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderth
Посмотреть сообщение
I saw they were in a gzip file, but even if I downloaded them, they were unreadable.
Looks like you forgot to extract them. Unless you meant 'download' to be 'extract'.

Lol, why do I forget some text everytime.. Look: First I used display. Weird symbols. Then I thaught that I might dl it and extract it with winrar. Still weird symbols.

When you extracted it, what files were extracted and what files did you try to open with Notepad/Wordpad(assuming your on windows)

05.log is extracted. I tried to open with Notepad and also Word, and we don't have Wordpad so:P

OMG-.- How could I ever be so stupid.. I haven't seen the extract button in ServerFFS control panel:P So it is working now! I can read the logs easily! Anyways, thank you to the people who tried to help me!