[GameMode] sumoFFS

Here is the script I made for sumoFFS, a rather simple gamemode which involves pushing cars out of the arena and surviving.
The original idea was by Redirect_Left and the maps are made by various people (as shown in the map file), I do not take any credits for those.
Also thanks to the authors of dcmd and sscanf, they are great tools.

I'm not going to provide any support with this script and it has only been tested on Linux servers, I cannot guarantee it will work on Windows servers. Have fun.

Just the source (blame pastebin on the sucky indentation):
http://pastebin.com/EVAqe5tz

The source, compiled gamemode and the maps:
https://www.serverffs.com/dump/sumoffs.zip

Documentation on the map format:
http://pastebin.com/vtWMS5W4

P.S: I know the source contains a password, please don't tell me.

This is nice, thank you.

You're kidding me....

I made this exact thing months ago. I used Incognito's audio plugin to allow sounds for power ups which you could activate (like turbo, instant-stop, reheal)

I haven't looked into this script but mine had a huge textdraw menu where you could select your vehicle and powerups based on your level.

A player could start his own game and players could join it by selecting it in a list of on going games. When starting a game the player chose a map from a range of maps (arenas). My favorite was a square of boxes where the most outter layer would fall off every minute or so, so by the end of the map there was only 1 box in the center.

AND it was called "Sumocars"

Funny similarity is all I'm saying.

Hello tell me how to use it i got error explain me !

[20:34:21] Script[gamemodes/Untitled.amx]: Run time error 19: "File or function is not found"
[20:34:21] Number of vehicle models: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentHuntR
View Post
You're kidding me....

I made this exact thing months ago. I used Incognito's audio plugin to allow sounds for power ups which you could activate (like turbo, instant-stop, reheal)

I haven't looked into this script but mine had a huge textdraw menu where you could select your vehicle and powerups based on your level.

A player could start his own game and players could join it by selecting it in a list of on going games. When starting a game the player chose a map from a range of maps (arenas). My favorite was a square of boxes where the most outter layer would fall off every minute or so, so by the end of the map there was only 1 box in the center.

AND it was called "Sumocars"

Funny similarity is all I'm saying.
This has been made on the 28th of March based upon the Sumo Server made by Redirect_Left.
We do not have any layers fall off nor do we have any menus, power ups or sounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandeep
View Post
Hello tell me how to use it i got error explain me !

[20:34:21] Script[gamemodes/Untitled.amx]: Run time error 19: "File or function is not found"
[20:34:21] Number of vehicle models: 0
Add the plugins to your server.cfg (plugins sscanf or plugins sscanf.dll if you're on Windows I believe)

SilenthuntR: This script has been running for months on sumoFFS now, i even witnessed it being developed.

OT: It was a nice gamemode, fun whilst it lasted.

Nice one, Is this a sign your leaving Woet?

I played it a few times. Was fun when I did play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhizors
View Post
I can not believe it Woet o.O. I started playing there yesterday, and now it is closed.
(i am Lekebil)
Same here..

Why did you close it? It would be more cool with one single server... Not this gamemode spread out over the internet.

I'll test it , it looks awesome

Edit: What is the .DS_Store file?

sad to see it be released gonna miss Woet having a server, I hope to see you around still bro.

Few days ago I started playing on sumoFFS, too bad it's down now and gamemode released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrus
Посмотреть сообщение
Few days ago I started playing on sumoFFS, too bad it's down now and gamemode released.
There will be at least 10 servers running it in a matter of days, so nothing to worry about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei
Посмотреть сообщение
There will be at least 10 servers running it in a matter of days, so nothing to worry about.
Yes, that's bad. Because it wont be one single server. The players will be spread out.. So it'll just be 1-4 players when the original had 20.

super gamemode I love

Awesome:X I love it

Nooo! How could you!

Now noobs will take the script and instead of 1 great server, that "great" server will divide into like 20 more, making the gamemode useless and shitty.

Was a nice server. Nice until I forgot my nickname the next day. ;(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_Furious
Посмотреть сообщение
I'll test it , it looks awesome

Edit: What is the .DS_Store file?
Bump, someone know what is that file?

Time to compare this shizzle to the original Sumo script by Redirect

Quote:
Originally Posted by [jS]Infinity
Посмотреть сообщение
Time to compare this shizzle to the original Sumo script by Redirect
Alphabet spaghetti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_Furious
Посмотреть сообщение
Bump, someone know what is that file?
It's the cache for folder settings in Mac OS X, it's akin to lets say, 'desktop.ini' and 'thumbs.db'.