If SA-MP did NOT exist...

If SA-MP would not exist, I would not care, because it wouldn't exist.
I'd probably happily dance around playing Sonic 3 & Knuckles multiplayer while continously failing, then I'd go on with my projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiVAMAN
Посмотреть сообщение
Scripting RuneScape private server.
+1 lol, i got 10 players in like 2 days, then my hoster quit and it went downhill from there.

Well, considering I have been playing SA:MP since before it was released: I wouldn't have a clue what I'd be doing or where I would be. I could be doing a graphic design course as my grandfather was quite a successful artist and I wanted to keep it in the family, BUT ...

There's approximately 6 years of learning/experience in SA:MP for me, the information gained from this learning has undoubtedly influenced my real life decisions. I have worked with and learned from several people around the globe, learned about different languages and cultures, created and managed a clan, scripted a gamemode for what was once one of SA:MP's largest servers-- getting involved in SA:MP has given a much larger reach than simply a gaggle of friends from high-school.

SA:MP has influenced my career choice. I would not be doing a university level software engineering course without having tried scripting in SA:MP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burridge
Посмотреть сообщение
If SA-MP didn't exist, I wouldn't be sat here posting what I'd do if SA-MP didn't exist!
I can't disagree with that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, considering I have been playing SA:MP since before it was released: I wouldn't have a clue what I'd be doing or where I would be. I could be doing a graphic design course as my grandfather was quite a successful artist and I wanted to keep it in the family, BUT ...

There's approximately 6 years of learning/experience in SA:MP for me, the information gained from this learning has undoubtedly influenced my real life decisions. I have worked with and learned from several people around the globe, learned about different languages and cultures, created and managed a clan, scripted a gamemode for what was once one of SA:MP's largest servers-- getting involved in SA:MP has given a much larger reach than simply a gaggle of friends from high-school.

SA:MP has influenced my career choice. I would not be doing a university level software engineering course without having tried scripting in SA:MP.

I can't disagree with that!
Looks like SA:MP really changed your life.

What Simon said. My English would be a lot worse and I wouldn't have started coding, now I know PHP, CSS, SQL, (X)HTML, bit of JavaScript (jQuery), bit of C++, C# and PAWN of course.

At the moment I can't stop coding and learning new stuff, I also think SA-MP changed the way I think about the internet and I matured up a lot.

It's kinda sad how SA-MP changed my life, but I think it has changed in a good way. I have indeed wasted a while *playing* it actively, but now I code more than play all the games together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon
Посмотреть сообщение
A motivational quote from Simon there!
If I hadn't of found SA-MP, I would probably either be somewhat of an oddball, or really sociable.

I met all of my close online friends with SA-MP (the vast majority we talk with every day), and I've learned about how computers work, about programming languages, and just other stuff in general. It's probably had a detrimental affect on me going out and getting drunk every night of the holidays - but I prefer to be near teetotal anyway.

I'm hoping to do something like Computer Systems Engineering in University, which is like Computer Science, with more hardware stuff included.

I've become a brilliant programmer/web developer, and earned quite a lot of money and experience from sites.

And... I've fallen in love with languages.

All this from SA-MP.

dito.
I think i would play silly MMORPG's xD

Probably be like top of the class in every subject lol.

I would play Call of Duty 2, probably start playing on Clanbase and be in one of the top clans in Croatia...

Play another game, because that's the keyword, game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn
Посмотреть сообщение
Agreed.

pawn Код:
new char[8];

sa:mp has pictures that drugs people

my life was different without SA:MP (i cant stop playing it LOL)

then i was going to play dumb games.. maybe runescape or habbo hotel ._.

Quote:

8char....

if samp wasnt around? i would be a full time fire fighter instead of a volenteir. :P

I'd be sitting in front of my TV trying to figure out what to watch. And trust me, when you have 900 channels (not all of them you subscribed to), it can get very boring.

Either that, or going to the movies, driving, etcetra. Lol.

Alright! I've got a new one for me, if SA-MP wouldn't exit, we wouldn't be reading this.

*don't say doin your wife*

doin your... son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA967
Посмотреть сообщение

doin your... son?
What's that - seriously, that got nothing to do with the thread about.

Scripting RSPS servers