VPS/Dedicated???

Just trina figer out how to run multiple servers on my own,Im down to VPS/Dedicated,Now i know this is what i need,But i need more details and info on how this works,And what i need,Id like to run alot of servers...

Can anyone explain this to me?

How many SAMP servers could i run on this: 1.6Ghz CPU+ 3,000GB Traffic+ 160GB HD

Please If you can just break it down to:

What I Need In This Format? (1.6Ghz CPU+ 3,000GB Traffic+ 160GB HD)

How Much It Will Cost?

Would be great!

Thanks in advanced.

It depends how much players you will have online at same time on the servers, but to stay stable and without laggs i would say if you get around 30 players on the servers, no more then 4 servers, the costs is up to you to do some reasearch.

How many servers can i fit on this?

4GB RAM
500GB HD
10,000GB Traffic

Again it depends on the players and the server script!

Dude SAMP Servers Only 100 Max Slots Per IP

A SA-MP server usually doesn't use more memory than 50MB, so it depends on your CPU.

This is something that you have to monitor yourself, along them time while adding SA:MP servers we can't tell you in average how much CPU a SA:MP server takes.

I have seen Pen:LS scripts using 80% of a dual core. So its all about the CPU usage, the traffic/ram/hard drive isn't really needed.

But on a CPU with 1.6 ghz, you can't really expect to host more then 1 2, maybe 3 depending on its usage.

I currently have a dedicated server from Leaseweb with Intel Dual Core 2030 Xeon ( 2x2.10 ghz ) and when i have about 30 players i get loads of 0.50 - 0.20 ( this are not high loads but its only 1 sa-mp server, keep that in mind )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernardoo
View Post
This is something that you have to monitor yourself, along them time while adding SA:MP servers we can't tell you in average how much CPU a SA:MP server takes.

I have seen Pen:LS scripts using 80% of a dual core. So its all about the CPU usage, the traffic/ram/hard drive isn't really needed.

But on a CPU with 1.6 ghz, you can't really expect to host more then 1 2, maybe 3 depending on its usage.

I currently have a dedicated server from Leaseweb with Intel Dual Core 2030 Xeon ( 2x2.10 ghz ) and when i have about 30 players i get loads of 0.50 - 0.20 ( this are not high loads but its only 1 sa-mp server, keep that in mind )
Isn't the SA-MP server not multi threaded anyway? So the second core wouldn't make any difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernardoo
View Post
Your server load and CPU utilization are two different things. Load deals more with I/O, CPU with, as you guessed it - the CPU.

Best of luck