IPv6 Support

Hello,
After these Report (http://www.potaroo.net/tools/ipv4/) takes not much time goes empty IPv4.

My question is, does the SA-MP Client and Server Support IPv6?

Im pretty sure it supports IPv4, not IPv6.

but thats bad. IPv4 go out(emtpy). and IPv6 is the future.

Not a big problem to code i see? just change the varchar size to like 128 instead of 16 and you should be fine..
But i think they've already done that.

I don't think that SA:MP supports IPv6 right now, and almost no providers support it either ( ISP ) wise, it will take sometime until IPv6 its fully supported, right now its kinda of useless.

Most upstream/downstream providers don't have support for it yet, so there would be allot of players not able to join the server. This can be a future thing to implement but right now is useless.

Hardly any ISPs provide service for it yet, there's no point in changing the code to support ipv6 right now.

ok, thanks for the answer.

I Think its Very important to watch in the Future and not user old thinks.

they should add support for ipv6 as soon is possible, some dedicated/vps servers of companys that i know are providing already IPV6 ips. Also i have read on the news that is just a spare amount of time to ipv4 ips combination expire, and they will need ipv6

They are already busy with making IPv6 modems/routers and server(s)/connections in The Netherlands.
They say it should be ready begin-2011 here.

i bet they can drag it out for one more year until 2012. then we all die anyways so it d oesn't matter!