[FilterScript] Hold Studio (make awesome lines for SetPlayerHoldingObject EASILY)

sup,
This is the perfect script to find, move, position, and rotate objects for SetPlayerHoldingObject. I'll go through the features.

Search for models by name
With this script, you can easily search for models and get up to 25 matches.
There are 9967 objects in the search database (all gta objects except for LOD objects, and peds).

Screenshot of the search function!

Generate simple, ready-to-use code

Screenshot of the in-game info dialog!

Rotate/move fast, but with precision
It would just be dumb to waste your time reading how the smooth awesome moving and rotating works when you could go try it out and see for yourself!

Browse through all GTA models
You can, using keybinds, browse through all the GTA models without having to worry about crashing! The script contains an array with all valid objects for holding (LOD objects are not included).

Video
Video by Zimon95.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRNf7ACg-Qg[/ame]

Download
By clicking download, you accept the following terms:
You redistribute as you want, as long as you keep my comment at the top of the script intact.

0.3c Version
Download: hold-studio.pwn

Wow nice ^^

Awesome!

Nicely done.
Organised.

omg fantrastic

Brilliant!

If you make something cool with this that you're not gonna use, why not share it.
pawn Code:
SetPlayerHoldingObject( playerid, 373, 1, 0.300327, -0.004779, -0.178271, 73.442504, 25.958881, 32.691726 ); // armour - Bodyarmour
Positioned the body armour to fit perfect on the CJ skin. Now it looks like he's actually wearing one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_aSlice
View Post
If you make something cool with this that you're not gonna use, why not share it.
pawn Code:
SetPlayerHoldingObject( playerid, 373, 1, 0.300327, -0.004779, -0.178271, 73.442504, 25.958881, 32.691726 ); // armour - Bodyarmour
Positioned the body armour to fit perfect on the CJ skin. Now it looks like he's actually wearing one.
Hehe, good job.

I also heard a rumor that those objects cover you from bullets as well on specific spots, is this true?

Anyways, gotta test this, thanks!

i tested it, work perfect!
good job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddos
View Post
Hehe, good job.

I also heard a rumor that those objects cover you from bullets as well on specific spots, is this true?

Anyways, gotta test this, thanks!
I don't think so, I don't know for sure though. I've noticed jumping and climbing sometimes gets affected; maybe there is more to it.

Awesome work!

Update
  • Object updates are now done in sync with player updates to get rid of crash issues for those with slow connections.
  • Added an optional parameter /search; now: /search [<string>]
  • Minor bug fixes and tweaks.
Links updated in the mainpost.

code is crazy awesome! love it!

sounds awesome, to bad nobody made a movie so far , so, maybe I'll give it a shot

Great work. Will definitely use it. Love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
Посмотреть сообщение
Out of interest how did you generate the list of models? The IsValidModel function in YSI used the IDE files, however that doesn't include certain models - for example the moving chicken. Is your list more complete except for LODs?
I went through the IDE files, aswell. Extracting the contents inside objs, anim, tobj, and weap sections then filtering out LOD and peds.
After that I made a quick FS that scrolled through the objects and found the ones causing crashes (I found only 6 objects that caused crashes when used for holding).
Maybe yours didn't include the chicken because it's inside the anim-section?

Awesome work.

The next ******, good job there slice, very pro looking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh3r0
Посмотреть сообщение
The next ******, good job there slice, very pro looking!
Next ****** o.O, not even close lol. Thanks for the compliment, though.

WOOT!
FUCKING NICE JOB!
ps, I've made this shitty AK-47 on my back :P

pawn Код:
SetPlayerHoldingObject( playerid, 355, 1, 0.004897, -0.059191, -0.063933, 0.000000, 9.975981, 186.806625 );