A REAL sa-mp map object editor!

WARNING UPDATES ARE NOW HERE: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=139409

San andreas multiplayer map editor beta version "something point something"

Copyright 2007 Copyright 2007 Jernej L, Steve-M and Alastair Burr (KCow).

Now when we are thru the credits, i built this map editor with help of some people around the scene, it is nowhere complete or perfect, but it does the job it is supposed to pretty well, basically you extract the editor and accompanying files into same directory where your gta installation is (same folder where you have the gta_sa.exe)

So this is how it looks like working with it:

The editor can add objects and delete objects and import and export pawn createobject text files, here for example are rivershell objects imported into the editor:

So what does it have?

Streamed view, which loads and displays the map objects and water mostly properly just like the game does.

here is how you navigate thru the scene:

W,A,S,D work like in first-person shooters for moving forward / reverse and strafing
holding down left shift will allow you to use the mouse to look around the scene
holding down left ctrl will make movement slower and more precise.

Left clicking the objects selects them, double clicking a object shows some advanced object info, left click also retrieves the world coordinates at the spot where you clicked and displays them in status bar's bottom-right corner, you can right click and copy the coords there (for placing spawn cars, points, etc..).

The views tab allows you to tweak how the editor displays the scene and allows you to save current camera view to bookmarks, to load a existing view just double-click it.

Objects tab has a favorites-like functionality for "object prefabs (this stands for prefabricated objects)" where you can add useful objects that you found in the game, just select a object, click add and then OK to add it to the list.

Adding a object to the world is simple, first select the object you want to add in prefabs tab, then right click in the game world where you want it, right click and click "insert selected prefab"

Deleting objects is easy, just right click a object and click delete on the popup menu.

Editing object information is very easy, just select a object and use the object editor in objects tab.

Here is the whole process in pictures:

Now remember kids, this is beta so it is very fragile, also if anyone intends to complain about the lack of mouse operations for moving and rotating objects let me kindly tell you to save your words, this is beta and therefore lacks some things! (what i'm trying to say is that this may be implemented at some later date.)

Download here:

http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?topic=164714.0

OLD UPDATES, see new topic for new version.

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=139409

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirt (JernejL)

Slight upgrade, so what's new?

When adding a object to prefabs you can generate a thumbnail, these pictures are stored in editor's own "PrefabPics" folder, you can drag the mouse and use scroll wheel to zoom on the add object screen to change view angle and zoom distance to get the best pic.

Clicking on the view will also remove focus from any text input controls so you won't accidently type stuff when using WASD keys.

Most of text inputs now no longer error whe you enter invalid numbers (characters) into them.

Added some keyboard shortcuts:

INSERT inserts the object selected in prefabs at mouse coords
DELETE (guess what it does :P)
Quote:
Not much changes, but it does add something very important!

Left mouse drag can now move objects on XY plane
middle mouse drag moves objects on Z plane

Yeah i guess it's awesome to be able to move objects using mouse, angles can be set in the editor easily, but the position is much easier to handle using visual mouse input.
Quote:
Another update:

- you can no longer edit original map objects (only those you import / add / clone)
- you can now clone objects (shortcut F2), clone objects are created with same properties.
- faster object loading (but still slow rendering :P )
- objects no longer tend to warp / "disappear" when moved by mouse
- the editor now closes properly.

Oh, and WASD keys now don't work unless you hold left shift, this is to prevent from typing into edit fields accidently..

this si fking greate

i get an error when trying to load

nice job man

THIS IS FKING AWESOME!!! post this in scriptshowroom...

Looks very nice Thankyou

EDIT

[img=/imageshack/img87/887/erroruu6.th.png]

It shows that when the load is completed...why?

i get a error it says cannot open file "C:\Documents and Settings\Alex\Desktop\map editor\data\gta.dat

Quote:
Originally Posted by נαЧ†ят
i get a error it says cannot open file "C:\Documents and Settings\Alex\Desktop\map editor\data\gta.dat
You need to extract it to your GTA Installation folder, you didnt install GTA SA to your desktop did you?

it don't extract anywhere eles why

Quote:
Originally Posted by נαЧ†ят
it don't extract anywhere eles why
I have clearly posted sensible instructions in the first post on how to make it work, if you cannot follow and read instructions then this editor is not for you.

Worked out great with my SA-MP install.

This program works out great just a few issues which from the readme (Which some of you have not read) you already know about...I am seeing ram usage lower than San Andreas.

Keep up the great work.

Updated Mirror:
http://towlies.tr3nx.net/editor.rar

It is soo laggy for me when i try move my map it loads the objects slow and slow moving...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 555
EDIT

[img=/imageshack/img87/887/erroruu6.th.png]

It shows that when the load is completed...why?
Is there any solution to the problem is the friend "555"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DsC
BlackSteel ]
It is soo laggy for me when i try move my map it loads the objects slow and slow moving...
This is NOT a program for weak pcs.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by [DsC
BlackSteel ]
This is NOT a program for weak pcs.
Yea i saw that when moving my camera 1 meter for 10 sec

OMFG Nice one! Sticky it!!!

OMG!! Your a king! simple king!

Very Nice!
Keep up the great work.

sorry, over-reacted