Icons...

Hey,

I was wondering if theres a way to make it possible for you to view the icon before you command create it. I mean, sometimes I try to align the icons ingame by standing in the right position but I always resort to deleting it and starting again becuase it wasn't placed right. I need to place a good 400 icons and after about 30 icons it got on my nerves.

Is there a simpler way to making it so the icons apear in front of you before placing them? So you can walk it into the correct position before placing the icon? I've seen admins in servers make it so the car moves in front of them as they run, and then they can /place it.

Thanks!

You could create a fs for this, or look if there already is one somewhere.
But the easiest way would be to walk to the position you want to have it at, and the type /save.
The coords will be in your user files/gta san andreas user files/samp folder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
You could create a fs for this, or look if there already is one somewhere.
But the easiest way would be to walk to the position you want to have it at, and the type /save.
The coords will be in your user files/gta san andreas user files/samp folder
Sorry, I've edited the first post to make more sense.

anyone?

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 8 characters.

Please, can anyone help me regarding my question? I've seen it done before, just not for icons, thats all.

help! anyone?

You mean map-icons or pick-ups?

I assume you are talking about pickup icons.

You can easily write a filterscript to preview them, perhaps using CreateObject ( the icon ID will be the same as the object ID )

You could make it as simple or as complicated as you like, using ReturnXYinFromtOfPlayer(), MoveObject() or even SetPlayerHoldingObject() or all of the above. You could even have the filterscriptsave the co-ordinates to a file in scriptfiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrucixTM
Посмотреть сообщение
You mean map-icons or pick-ups?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael
Посмотреть сообщение
I assume you are talking about pickup icons.

You can easily write a filterscript to preview them, perhaps using CreateObject ( the icon ID will be the same as the object ID )

You could make it as simple or as complicated as you like, using ReturnXYinFromtOfPlayer(), MoveObject() or even SetPlayerHoldingObject() or all of the above. You could even have the filterscriptsave the co-ordinates to a file in scriptfiles.
Hi, I'm talking about the icons that you place in front of buildings for people to enter/exit or /buy /rent etc. The only reason I want to seem them before I place them [i.e make it so it runs in front of me as I place them] is due to the fact that sometimes they are slightly out of place and look akward or they are to high and not level with the other icons etc.

Thanks!

I don't think it's possible with pickup's, but as Rachael said, you can probably do it with objects.

This is a lot of work to script though, I think you'd be better off just by trying a couple of times to get it right.