What to do as a beginner?

Hey so I'm a new one at PAWN, i know the simple codes, like a cmds command, which gives you a list of commands, but what to learn or script next? I can only do cmds within strcmp, and i can map though, if it helps or says ye something. Please help? Should I try to script a new script, something simple, like a TDM GM?

TDM to start off with. Those are pretty easy. Maybe try a cops and robbers, it's like an advanced TDM. Don't start off with RP like what I did. I learnt the hard way.

-Conroy

How i learned --> https://sampwiki.blast.hk/

No wiki doesent help, only with a specific function, like SendClientMessage, but it doesent give you out the whole command you ACTUALLY need, only like /heal or /mycommand and // do something here. Thanks Conroy ill try to do it. Although I'd like even more suggestions.

It's up to you. Maybe make a script which has various maps (use MTA Map Editor) which change every 10 minutes or when a team reaches the maximum score. A new map will load.

Oh, and if you happen to come across an error, feel free to post on these forums. That's why they're here.

-Conroy

I'd go for a funserver if I was you. Simply combine what you love. Funserver = Some cars here and here, couple of DM places(map the places), freeroam and ofc stunt.

I went with a TDM which isnt so overused and ill create everything myself using the tutorials in the SAMP forums. Thank you all!

All is need for TDM servers: Good maps, PVars, and Dialogs, maybe some other scripts

Why dialogs? I prefer just texts, though - when yer in a war and want to like, read the rules too, without losing the text, its better SendClientMessage, isn't it? Although, too much dialogs isnt nice and I dont like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0sT_
Посмотреть сообщение
All is need for TDM servers: Good maps, PVars, and Dialogs, maybe some other scripts
PVars are slower than normal variables, despite this being a behind-the-scenes thing, providing accurate and useful information would probably be great!