GF Edits Vs. Unique Gm's

Hello,

I run a unique scripted GM on my server (scripted by me). But weird enough i cant get some players. I've noticed that many 'unique' scripts are empty, but servers running a GF edit are really populair now. Everyone get sick of the huge amount of GF edits, but why those servers have so much players, and unique scripts haven't?

So, thats my question. What your opinion? Do prefer a GF edit or a unique script??

well it depends what your script has in it, why would people join your server, list all the reasons and list reasons for them to join others.

Unique for the WIN! Why using edits, why using others, if you can, create yours!

It's because of how those servers are managed, despite the script being horrible, most of them have promoted their server properly and have been around for a while, whereas a new server (despite the advantages of the unique script) is always going to have trouble starting off.

You're in a faction, have million dollars on your bank account, got lots of friends on the server, server has hundreds of players online every day and you're happy. Why would you change the server when everything is fine where you are at the moment?

The problem is people who start new servers running some poor GF-edit. They kind of 'steal' players from gamemodes which would actually be worth playing.

Edit: Other thing I've noticed: people are too used to GF. They're too lazy to explore the script and see how things are working in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
Посмотреть сообщение
You're in a faction, have million dollars on your bank account, got lots of friends on the server, server has hundreds of players online every day and you're happy. Why would you change the server when everything is fine where you are at the moment?
That, too.

Yeah, im creating my unique RP script for my server i will be opening and i dont think it will be any easier to run this server and get players than it was for when i had GF edit servers that had almost 20 players daily (admittedly only for about a month then I just stopped playing..)

the ONLY good thing about a Custom script, in my opinion, is that you will know the script from top to bottom and you can create your own systems that are up to date with the Latest features for pawn released (Zcmd, Sscanf, foreach etc.) which results in less lag and just simply...better...

Also you can make ANYTHING You want because you know how it all works...

Well true, if you script your own GM you will know it from top to bottom, you will know everything about it, where that is where it is not what do to.

That's one of the advantages of having a very own scripted GM.

Yeah, personally It hasnt made a difference because... I am SO USED to playing and scripting in GF, all the system i have made are very similar to GF...

i am having to play around with it all a lot (like my organisation system...which was like families in gf)... so it doesnt look like GF ha

I've scripted many Unique RP's, None took off very well. But to be honest, I'm guessing the reason people go to GF servers is because they know how everything works on them server and know how to play the server without asking questions all the time, Unlike unique RP's which is all completly new to them.