New Computer?

Hey guys. It's time I get a high-performance computer which could support GTA:IV (sad that my PC doesn't). I'm stuck between these two.

HP Pavilion Elite HPE-400z or Dell Studio XPS 8100 Desktop. What seems to be the better deal? Of course, I will customize the computer to some pretty good specs, considering the fact I know computers like nobody's business. It's either this, or build my own!

I'd go for the Dell one.. Hewlett Packard is a pain in the ass! But you should decide yourself, customize both and compare, see what is best for you

Dell because of its good design and layout unlike HP.

Best if you could custom make one, but if not, I would go with the dell as well.

Jeez, people really like Dell's!

I could build my own computer, but I always get over whelmed with what specs are best for my purposes, instead of what I want. (if you know what I mean) I'll look into the Dell a little more, as it would just be easier if it works correctly and has good enough specs to run good games and stuff. Thanks guys!

You're best off building your own computer, you'll save quite a bit of money which you could probably spend on more decent components.

Building yourself could save you some money and you could upgrade it any time you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
Посмотреть сообщение
Jeez, people really like Dell's!

I could build my own computer, but I always get over whelmed with what specs are best for my purposes, instead of what I want. (if you know what I mean) I'll look into the Dell a little more, as it would just be easier if it works correctly and has good enough specs to run good games and stuff. Thanks guys!
Motherboard: ASRock 870 Extreme3
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 2 rev. B
RAM: 2x2GB DDR3 1333 (Corsair or OCZ recommended)
GPU: AMD ATI HD 5870 (Or wait half a month for the AMD HD6xxx series)
Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II
HDD: Samsung 1TB F3
PSU: OCZ StealthXStream 2 600W
DVD: Samsung SH-S233C
Extra: 40 or 60GB SSD drive if you have the money, use the SSD drive to install windows on, your PC will boot a lot faster.

This build will run GTA IV on the highest specs with around 60FPS, and it's a pretty cheap system if you know where to get the parts. So if you have some knowledge of building computers, either build this, or I will post a more expensive Intel build, but this system would be the best quality/price 'compensation', so I'd say go for this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
Посмотреть сообщение
AMD !=

Oh god I think I'm about to inadvertently start a riot.
Fanboy. It's not all about the CPU, but also about the GPU, you know. Especially if he wants to run games, it's better for him to use AMD and spend the money he keeps from buying AMD instead of Intel on a high-end GPU like the Radeon 5870, because then 2 years later he can Crossfire, so his system will run the newest games for at least 4/5 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFrost
Посмотреть сообщение
Motherboard: ASRock 870 Extreme3
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 2 rev. B
RAM: 2x2GB DDR3 1333 (Corsair or OCZ recommended)
GPU: AMD ATI HD 5870 (Or wait half a month for the AMD HD6xxx series)
Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II
HDD: Samsung 1TB F3
PSU: OCZ StealthXStream 2 600W
DVD: Samsung SH-S233C
Extra: 40 or 60GB SSD drive if you have the money, use the SSD drive to install windows on, your PC will boot a lot faster.

This build will run GTA IV on the highest specs with around 60FPS, and it's a pretty cheap system if you know where to get the parts. So if you have some knowledge of building computers, either build this, or I will post a more expensive Intel build, but this system would be the best quality/price 'compensation', so I'd say go for this one.

Fanboy. It's not all about the CPU, but also about the GPU, you know. Especially if he wants to run games, it's better for him to use AMD and spend the money he keeps from buying AMD instead of Intel on a high-end GPU like the Radeon 5870, because then 2 years later he can Crossfire, so his system will run the newest games for at least 4/5 years.
I'll look into those parts, thanks bro! I am not much on an AMD fan, but I know some people who like it and they don't seem to have any problems. I know I'll be having 2-3 monitors working with the system, but for now it'll be 1-2. "Extra: 40 or 60GB SSD drive if you have the money, use the SSD drive to install windows on, your PC will boot a lot faster." - How will it boot up faster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFrost
Посмотреть сообщение
My personal experiences with AMD have been HORRIBLE, whether general use or gaming. When I first got my old computer, it lagged terribly just starting up FireFox, and when I would check the performance it would run at 100% for minutes at a time - I had no virus or anything else running, the only possible thing it could have been was performance issues, and everything else was working perfectly. It continued to be like that until about 5 months later (when I sold it).

I also have two (about) 8 year old computers, one has AMD Athlon, the other Intel Pentium 4. The one with AMD had overheated MANY times, even with being used less and cleaned more. They both had basically the same cooling systems. Not only that, but the Intel one would run things much better, and never went above the 60% mark, even while playing GTA VC. The only differences between the two machines were the monitor and mouse.