a SA-MP server on a ftp?

Hey everyone,
I've got a FTP host for websites and etc.
I Wanted to ask if there's a way to host a SA-MP server on it?

thanks in advance, Vitali (Anotniomontana)

Short Answer: No.

Long Answer: FTP is a protocol for transferring files from one machine to another. You cannot execute files over FTP.

What kind of server do i need to run a SA-MP server?

Game server, not web hosting...

There's a lot of difference.

not impossible, I runned a server hosted via FTP. but to start it you will need a server-based application (I used potty)

uhmm, i dont think web servers allow you to install software on their servers, let alone run them. hard to believe, post a tut then ill see the light

well ore just host if from ure own pc we hosting it from our FTP/TS/WEBserver so... bud that's becouse we have our own server and we dont pay onley electicty bills bud the cheapest way is to host it on a pc u have at home ( note* u must have a good internet connexction for it !! ) bud just give it a try

What you mean?
Of course it's possibly, but it's not recommend to do your sa-mp server in httpdocs, because everybody can switch to the link when he know this link. So also he will see your scriptfiles etc.
So do your server in a FTP folder, but not in httpdocs, do it in "private" or something like that, because this isn't bound in HTTP.

EDIT: You also need SFTP acsess to start the server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdarude
Посмотреть сообщение
well ore just host if from ure own pc we hosting it from our FTP/TS/WEBserver so... bud that's becouse we have our own server and we dont pay onley electicty bills bud the cheapest way is to host it on a pc u have at home ( note* u must have a good internet connexction for it !! ) bud just give it a try
Go learn some English, coudn't understand any word you said.
IF you find a way to make it work, you host is allowed to suspend you product(s) without any refund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relixious
Посмотреть сообщение
Go learn some English, coudn't understand any word you said.
Anyway hosting on a home computer would need an high capacity line ..