SA-MP/GTA isn't starting when trying to connect

So yeah, the topic says it all.. Basically, when I open the server browser, select a server and hit connect, Sa-mp doesn't start as it should. I've tried re-installing GTA, SA-MP, deleted my GTA User files, and checked at least 50 times if gta-sa.exe was running via the task manager. The only thing that happened is the warning sound that plays when something obviously failed, and a small message box that appeared for a split second as the sound went off.

I have been previously using mods, and a shit load of 'em (Vehicles, particles, etc. etc.). However, as far as I know, they should have been deleted/replaced when I had un-installed GTA:SA after a few times. I am using a no-cd crack for GTA:SA (No, my current copy of GTA wasn't downloaded, or obtained "the other way") and the single player runs great, so I really don't get why its not working.

I'm currently using Windows XP, and playing on 0.3b R2.

Thanks for any help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkseye
Посмотреть сообщение
So yeah, the topic says it all.. Basically, when I open the server browser, select a server and hit connect, Sa-mp doesn't start as it should. I've tried re-installing GTA, SA-MP, deleted my GTA User files, and checked at least 50 times if gta-sa.exe was running via the task manager. The only thing that happened is the warning sound that plays when something obviously failed, and a small message box that appeared for a split second as the sound went off.

I have been previously using mods, and a shit load of 'em (Vehicles, particles, etc. etc.). However, as far as I know, they should have been deleted/replaced when I had un-installed GTA:SA after a few times. I am using a no-cd crack for GTA:SA (No, my current copy of GTA wasn't downloaded, or obtained "the other way") and the single player runs great, so I really don't get why its not working.

I'm currently using Windows XP, and playing on 0.3b R2.

Thanks for any help.
If you are re-installing gta in the same location as when you had your mods, then install somewhere because somehow a file doesnt get uninstalled after you modify it... So yeah, just install in a different directory

I don't know for sure if trying any of these things will help, but it can't hurt to try.

Try downgrading your sa:mp. 0.3a shouldn't be to hard to find.
Try running sa:mp under another account in windows XP.
You say you're using a no-cd crack for GTA:SA. Remember that SA-MP requires GTA:SA v1.00 (US/EU), which means you need to use that specific no-cd crack to run sa:mp.

Good luck

As I'm forum banned on the SACNR forums, I'll post here.
Sounds like it is your firewall/anti virus.
I suggest you check your firewall/disable anti virus while playing GTA SA.

Ok.. nothing has worked so far. Although, when I was re-installing sa-mp earlier today, I had noticed that it was taking a bit longer than normal. So I had decided to watch the current task (w/e you want to call it), and I came across "Failed to copy" and something else that I can't remember at the moment. If this is why its not working, I wonder whats preventing it from installing correctly..

Any clues?

hmm, when i had this problem, i re-downloded 6 different copies of GTA SA from different people.. 90 mins per download -.- then reinstalled samp like 1 million times then i delete gta_sa.set, and POOF! it works again - try that

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas..
Посмотреть сообщение
hmm, when i had this problem, i re-downloded 6 different copies of GTA SA from different people.. 90 mins per download -.- then reinstalled samp like 1 million times then i delete gta_sa.set, and POOF! it works again - try that
I've tried this a few times, but nothing seemed to happen.
---

Ok, so now I've got an error report finally after re-downloading/installing samp:
+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|
|Runtime error!
|
|Program: C:\temp\Export\ROCKST~1\GTASAN~1\gta_sa.exe
|
|This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
|Please contact the application's support team for more information.
+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+

I know that error i has got it.
Here is what you have to do:

Style 1 to fix that error.
Make new account to your computer.
Then install gta san andreas to new account. Then samp. And it will work.
Remeber don't install mods or hacks/cheats.
Making new account to computer and install gta san andreas there and samp is 100 % working style.
________

Also that error can come, if you use:
Mods,Cheats..
____
Style 2 to fix that error:

Also if you got register cleaner you can let it scan: C:\temp\Export\ROCKST~1\GTASAN~1\gta_sa.exe
It will give you error then you just press repair .. and done it's working
_______
Oh forgot to say that you don't have to reinstall samp or gta san andreas
Because that error is only to profile.
So Style 3 to fix that error(if you got allready more accounts in computer):
use other account. Start gta san andreas/samp.. play .. have fun.. But this style is only 50 % working, because it's OLD account in computer. That account is made before that error did come.
______
So best style to use is style 1

Offtopic:
Damm i have to tell this style to every 3 post in Client support..
Style 1 works allmoust every error that come for samp..

Quote:
Originally Posted by [xW]inot
Посмотреть сообщение

Making new account to computer and install gta san andreas there and samp is 100 % working style.
________

Mods,Cheats..
____

Also if you got register cleaner you can let it scan: C:\temp\Export\ROCKST~1\GTASAN~1\gta_sa.exe
_______
So Style 3 to fix that error(if you got allready more accounts in comuter):
use other account. Start gta san andreas/samp.. play .. have fun.. But this style is only 50 % working, because it's OLD account in computer. That account is made before that error did come.
______

Offtopic:
Damm i have to tell this style to every 3 post in Client support..
Style 1 works allmoust every error that come for samp..
dood, hes admin on one of the best servers samp has ever seen.. i doubt he will have hax

Quote:
Originally Posted by [xW]inot
Посмотреть сообщение

________

Mods,Cheats..
____

_______
So Style 3 to fix that error(if you got allready more accounts in comuter):
______
Looks like this temperairly solved my problem. Thanks dude.

Issue resolved.
----