Permissions issue..

I recently installed windows 7, but then installed SA to another partition (as it is the partition with the largest amount of disk space)

I set the samp and sa executable to run as an administrator but it seems if samp launches the SA executable then gta_sa.exe won't have admin privileges, which is a problem, as the process needs admin privileges to read from / write to the Windows 7 Partition (SA is installed on the XP partition)

samp.exe runs fine with it's admin privileges, but gta_sa.exe does not if it was launched by a program. If I open the exe straight off the bat then it runs with admin privileges, but that's a problem if I want to play SA:MP. I was hoping to find a workaround for this

So what will happen if you don't have admin privileges on gta_sa.exe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retardedwolf
Посмотреть сообщение
So what will happen if you don't have admin privileges on gta_sa.exe?
It cannot write to the Windows 7 partition, thus meaning it cannot create the settings file

Ok first,please,know that in Windows 7 you go into accounts and set your admin privilages.

I'm no computer illiterate, thank you.

The admin privileges are set, but a security feature of Windows 7 means for a PROGRAM to have administrator rights it must be run as an administrator. By default, the program is run in a limited user environment, no matter if your account is an admin or not, this is a measure taken to protect your PC against viruses, etc that generally have to write data to areas a limited user could not.