Some basic Tutorials
Cool effects
Creating a simple Signature
Creating a simple Banner
Creating a simple Userbar
Some cool text effects

About Photoshop
Copy+Paste from Wikipedia

Adobe Photoshop is a graphics editing program developed and published by Adobe Systems.

Adobe's 2003 "Creative Suite" rebranding led to Adobe Photoshop 8's renaming to Adobe Photoshop CS. Thus, Adobe Photoshop CS5 is the 12th major release of Adobe Photoshop. The CS rebranding also resulted in Adobe offering numerous software packages containing multiple Adobe programs for a reduced price. There are two versions of Photoshop: Basic and Extended, with Extended having extra features available. Adobe Photoshop Extended is included in all of Adobe's Creative Suite offerings except Design Standard, which has the Basic version.

Photoshop Versions
CS3
New features propagating productivity include streamlined interface, improved Camera Raw, better control over print options, enhanced PDF support, and better management with Adobe Bridge. Editing tools new to CS3 are the Clone Source palette and nondestructive Smart Filters, and other features such as the brightness and contrast adjustment and Vanishing Point module were enhanced. The Black and White adjustment option improves control over manual grayscale conversions with a dialog box similar to that of Channel Mixer. Compositing is assisted with Photoshop's new Quick Selection and Refine Edge tools and improved image stitching technology.

CS3 Extended contains all features of CS3 plus tools for editing and importing some 3D graphics file formats, enhancing video, and comprehensive image analysis tools, utilizing MATLAB integration and DICOM file support

CS4
Photoshop CS4 features a new 3D engine allowing painting directly on 3D models, wrapping 2D images around 3D shapes, converting gradient maps to 3D objects, adding depth to layers and text, getting print-quality output with the new ray-tracing rendering engine. It supports common 3D formats; the new Adjustment and Mask Panels; Content-aware scaling (seam carving); Fluid Canvas Rotation and File display options. On 30 April, Adobe released Photoshop CS4 Extended, which includes all the same features of Adobe Photoshop CS4 with the addition of capabilities for scientific imaging, 3D, and high end film and video users. The successor to Photoshop CS3, Photoshop CS4 is the first 64-bit Photoshop on consumer computers (only on Windows – the OS X version is still 32-bit only.)

CS5
Photoshop CS5 was launched on April 12, 2010. In a video posted on its official ******** page, the development team revealed the new technologies under development, including three dimensional brushes and warping tools.

A version of Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended was used for a Prerelease Beta. A large group of selected Photoshop users were invited to beta test in Mid-February of 2010.

Tools Explanation
Selection and Crop Tools:
  • Marquee (M)
  • Move Tool (V)
  • Lasso (L)
  • Quick Selection Tool (W) New in CS3
  • Magic Wand Tool (W)
  • Crop Tool ©
  • Slice Tool (K)

Retouching and Paint Tools:
  • Healing Brush (J)
  • Patch Tool & Red Eye Tool (J)
  • Brush & Pencil Tool (B)
  • Color Replacement Tool (B)
  • Clone Stamp Tool (S)
  • History Brush Tool (Y)
  • Eraser Tool (E)
  • Gradient Tool (G)
  • Blur & Sharpen Tool ®
  • Smudge ®
  • Dodge & Burn Tool (O)
  • Sponge Tool (O)

Drawing and Type Tools:
  • Path Selection Tool (A)
  • Pen Tool (P)
  • Type Tool (T)
  • Type Mask Tool (T)
  • Shape Tool (U)

Annotation, Measure and Navigation Tools:
  • Notes & Audio Annotation Tool(N)
  • Eyedropper & Color Sampler Tool (I)
  • Measure Tool (I)
  • Count Tool (I) New in CS3
  • Hand Tool (H)
  • Zoom Tool (Z)

Color, Quick-Mask and Screen Mode
  • Back ground & Fore Ground Color Switch (X)
  • Toggle Quick Mask (Q)
  • Toggle Screen Mode (F)
Tools details:

Selection and Crop Tools:
Marquee Tool (M)
This tool let's you select rectangles, ellipses, and 1-pixel rows and columns.You can also hold down different combinations of keys for a specific option:
  • Shift+Drag: To constrain the marquee to a square or circle.
  • Alt+Drag (Option for Mac): To start drag marquee from center..
  • Alt+Shift+Drag: To start drag selection form center and constrain to square.
  • Spacebar: Hold down spacebar while making selection (keep pressing mouse button). To reposition selection.
Move Tool (V)
The Move tool (V) lets you drag a selection or layer to a new location in the image, and also to other images. You can also use the Move tool to align selections and layers and distribute layers within an image.

Lasso Tool Lasso tool, Polygonal Lasso Tool and Magnetic Lasso Too
The Lasso tool (L) and the Polygonal Lasso tool (L) let you draw both straight-edged and freehand segments of a selection border. With the Magnetic Lasso tool (L), the border snaps to the edges of defined areas in the image.

Quick Selection Tool and Magic Wand Tool
You can use the Quick Selection tool (W), new in Photoshop CS3, to quickly paint a selection using an adjustable round brush tip. As you drag, the selection expands outward and automatically finds and follows defined edges in the image. (See also Using Photoshop Quick Selection tool)

The Magic Wand tool (W) lets you select a area by color range without having to trace its outline. You can specify the color range, or tolerance, for the Magic Wand tool's selection at tool's option bar. Enter a low value to select the few colors very similar to the pixel you click, or enter a higher value to select a broader range of colors

Crop and Slice Tools:

Crop Tool ©
With Crop Tool © you can cut, crop images, and with it you can also move other images

Slice Tool and Slice Selection Tool

Use Slice Tool(K) tool to divide large image to small connected pieces of rectangle image that is useful for building website. You can select the slice area manually of create from guides, by click Slice from Guide button at Slice Tool option bar.
This is kinda of an useless tool, so less information...

Retouching Tools:

Spot Healing Brush Tool and Healing Brush Tool
The Healing Brush tool (J) lets you correct imperfections, causing them to disappear into the image

The Spot Healing Brush Tool (J) is different from the Healing Brush Tool in that it does not require you to make a selection or define a source point before using it.

Erase Tool Background Eraser and Magic Eraser Tool

The Eraser tool(E) lets you delete the pixels, let's you erase something from the image, i think it's pretty obvious what it does!

The Background Eraser tool(E) allows you to erase the background while maintaining the edges of an object in the foreground. By specifying different sampling and tolerance options, you can control the range of the transparency and the sharpness of the boundaries.

NOTE:I stopped putting images of the icons because it doesn't allow me to put more than 20 images in one topic.

Blur Tool ,Sharpen Tool and Smudge Tool

The Blur tool® blurs the edges you are using it on, it softens the image, it also has the ability to select the blur strength! ,

The Sharpen Tool® it's the opposite of the Blur tool®, it sharpens the edges.

The Smudge tool® simulates the actions of dragging a finger through wet paint. The tool picks up color where the stroke begins and pushes it in the direction you drag. This tool can be effective for smoothing out colors and textures.

Dodge Tool,and Burn Tool
Dodge Tool (O) and Burn Tool (O) are used to enlighten and darken the selected areas, or which ever areas you want, this can be used for making a zombie.

Sponge Tool
The Sponge tool (O) changes the color saturation of a part of the image, depends on what option you clicked.

Painting Tools
Brush Tool, Pencil Tool (B) and Color Replacement Tool
The Brush Tool(B) and Pencil Tool (B) are kinda obvious of what they where made for, it helps you drawing, things and such....OBVIOUS!

Gradient Tool and Paint Bucket Tool
The Gradient Tool creates a gradual blend between multiple colors. You can choose from preset gradient fills or create your own.

The Paint Bucket Tool fills an area with the selected colors!

For more Tool explanations, please see THIS site.
Which is actually the main source of all this information.

What are: RENDERS/STOCKS/ABSTRACTS/C4D.

Renders:
Renders are croped images of a character, here is a simple example, CLICK THIS
You can use them and create your own signature, create background by simply duplicating the render, setting different position for each duplication and use the smudge tool, and create a background for the main render.

Render Resources:
  1. www.planetrenders.net
  2. www.photobucket.com
  3. www.3dshop.com

Stocks:
Stocks mean a bunch of Patterns, Brushes, Textures, etc.All put together to have an easy way to find what you actually need, when someone is showing the stock he used in a signature, means that that's what he used in it's creation.

Stock Examples:
  1. http://photoshop-stock.deviantart.com/
  2. http://pstutorialsblog.com/44/free-stock-photos/ <-A site with a vast list of sites with stocks.

Abstracts:
An Abstract is a wallpaper full of colors, and abstract colors, abstract wallpapers are used to make signatures better, but won't work if you don't blend them the way you want.Here is an example.
I will be using THIS abstract wallpaper to show a demonstration

Blending Abstracts:
  1. Original
  2. Not Blended
  3. Blended with Linear Burn
  4. Blended with Overlay
  5. Blended with Screen
As you can see Overlay and Screen blending are mostly used because it gives the best and good quality blending!
Whenever you blend a picture over another, you can select any of the all others blending options to give the desired effect, you can also grab the erase tool after you blended, set Flow and Opacity to your desires and start cutting what you don't like.

C4d(Cinema 4D):
C4D actualy means Cinema 4D, it's a software that allows you to create different forms and stuff, like these examples bellow.
C4D Examples:
  1. CLICK
  2. CLICK
It's way better if you find rendered C4D pictures, wich will make your life easier than staying all day long cutting one single C4D.

About Blending modes.
With blending you can create good flows, you can create hollywood covers, you can do many stuff!

Blendings:
  • Normal
  • Dissolve
    ----------------
  • Darken
  • Multiply
  • Color Burn
  • Linear Burn
  • Darker Color
    ----------------
  • Lighten
  • Screen
  • Color Dodge
  • Linear Dodge(Add)
  • Lighter Color
    ----------------
  • Overlay
  • Soft Light
  • Hard Light
  • Vivid Light
  • Linear Light
  • Pin Light
  • Hard mix
    ----------------
  • Difference
  • Exclusion
    ----------------
  • Hue
  • Saturation
  • Color
  • Luminosity
For a better understanding here is a tutorial -> http://www.photoshopessentials.com/p.../blend-photos/
And here is a video. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHM5F5QKAkw]LINK[/ame]

Some basic Tutorials

Creating a simple signature
I'm gonna show you a simple signature tutorial, which is really easy with a really nice outcome.But, it's up to you to use the blendings and such, abstracts and others.You can review the infos about abstracts renders and stocks etc, just above!
CLICK HERE TO SEE WHAT WE ARE ABOUT TO MAKE!!!!
Step 1
File > New

Width:320 pixels
Height:130 pixels
Background Color:Black

Step 2
Dowload this dark looking wallpaper

Paste(Drag and Drop) it in your Photoshop where you started the sig,press CTRL+T to start resizing, and while resizing hold SHIFT so it will resize uniform.

Make it look like in this one:CLICK TO SEE

Step 3
Now we need to find a rather dark render.You can search your own at www.planetrender.net
For this tutorial i choose CLICK TO SEE
Right click on the picture, select Save Image As must be format .PNG

Now, after you 'downloaded' it, Drag and Drop in the signature!
Also, resize it so it will look like this CLICK TO SEE

Step 4
We need to make the background match the render's color!
First you need to select the layer with the background so the render doesn't get's color changed!
So. go to Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Color Balance
CLICK HERE TO SEE THE SETTINGS FOR THE COLOR BALANCE!

Outcome:
CLICK HERE TO SEE

Step 5
Now we need to give some light, because it looks to dark!
So, go to Layers > New Adjustments Layer > Levels
And enter the settings shown in the image > CLICK HERE TO SEE THE SETTINGS AND SEE THE OUTCOME!

Step 6
Now, go to the layer that has the Background image, the one with the dark looking place!
Right click on the layer, and select Duplicate Layer
Select the Smudge Tool -> CLICK HERE TO SEE
Go to Window > Brushes and follow what i did! -> CLICK HERE TO SEE
Brush Size must be 13!
Now smudge the way i did! CLICK HERE TO SEE HOW I SMUDGED!
After you smudged the duplicated layer, set the blending mode to Color Dodge
And it will look like this! >CLICK HERE TO SEE

Step 7
Now, we need to add a very cool C4D so it give the signature a better look!
This is the C4D i used -> CLICK HERE TO SEE THE C4D
To save it in your computer simply do right click on the picture and select Save Image As
MUST BE FORMAT .PNG
Now after you downloaded it, simply Drag and Drop it in the signature and resize it so it fits better.
Do the way i did! > CLICK HERE TO SEE
Well, i put it under the layer of the render(The girl) and add same effects like Levels and Color Balance, see Step 4 and Step 5, but this time after you made it, merge the effect with the C4D layer.
Simply hold CTRL and click the C4D layer and the effect layer, and right click and select Merge Layer or simply press CTRL+E
And also, i applied the Screen blending option for the C4D!

Step 8
Now we need to add a depth to the signature!

Now, select the Gradient Tool(I explained above),(Right click on the Paint Bucket and there it is!)
click above here > CLICK HERE TO SE WHERE
Select the Radial Gradient type, not Linear.
Now make a new layer, CTRL+SHIFT+N, now move it at top of all other layer, so it will be the first! and while holding SHIFT drag a line from the center to the exterior! LIKE IN THIS PIC!
After that set the blending mode to Color Burn.
Now Duplicate the Gradient Layer and set it's blending to Overlay, and set opacity to 50%.

Now it should have a depth feeling, CLICK HERE TO SEE

Step 9
Now we need to add the sparkles, or how ever you call it effect CLICK HERE TO SEE WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

Now, select the Brush Tool,set size to 4 o 5 now go to Window > Brushes
Select Shape Dynamic set Size Jitter to 100%
Select Scattering set Scatter to 1000% and Count to 1
Now create a new layer, bust be above everything!Take your time making the sparkles.After you are done.

Double click the layer!A window will pop up, select Outer Glow
And use there settings > CLICK HERE TO SEE THE SETTINGS
And the outcome will be: CLICK HERE TO SEE THE OUTCOME

Step 10
Now we need to give the signature a solid shape! So now, make a new layer CTRl+SHIFT+N, move it in top of all other layers,now select all the signature by pressing CTRl+A,now press now go to Edit > Stroke
Width: 1 or 2!
Color:Black

Now hit "Ok".

Step 11
Now adding the text, select the Text Tool(See above information),
with
15 PT
Color Black
And set it somewhere you think it fits, here is where i put it: CLICK HERE
AND THAT'S IT! WE ARE DONE!

TUTORIAL END! OUTCOME!

Creating a simple userbar
VIDEO:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKlOat_grEQ[/ame]
IMAGE TUTORIAL:

I WILL COME WITH THE FINISH OF THIS THREAD LATER! UNTIL THEN, ENJOY IT!:
The signature tutorial was made by me, the tools explanation wasn't by me, i copy+pasted so you can find all you need in one topic.
Logo was made by me, if you have any question, please post them here, or PM me, but PM me only with help about this tutorials, thread, etc!

ENJOY IT!!!
if i request a sticky?....

Please posts you suggestions for this topic, and please comment. *Smile*

Thumbs up nice tutorial just overflew it looks great :]
much work I guess^^

Okay, I have to say that this is really awesome and useful :O
for photoshop nab's like me

Great tutorial(s) . I guess it was much work . 10/10

Mrrr, i hate those ******* videos, i didn't want them to show up, i wanted them as links.....

Wow, awesome tutorial mate. Really useful

Nice tutorial.

Nice tutorial pal, a question is GIMP apart of photoshop?

the userbars are so sexy! :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamoo
Посмотреть сообщение
Nice tutorial pal, a question is GIMP apart of photoshop?
No, lol? GIMP is not as powerful as Photoshop .