Internet Problem.

Now yeah, I'm with Virgin so Slow internet is bound to happen, but apart from that, with one PC on the network the speeds are, OK ish.. I'm getting around 4MB on a 20MB package. As soon as any other PC joins the network you can barley load anything (dial up connection speed) most of the time not getting enough packets.

I have phoned them up before and they blame it on my stuff. Well they sent a tech around, and they blamed it on firefox. Funny enough, I don't use it, and he also blamed it on that i don't have enough RAM. Funny enough HE DIDN'T EVEN CHECK, if you are wondering I have 4GB. (Not that, that can even make a fucking difference in Internet speed).

He's a dumbass and I don't want another ass coming around thinking he knows everything

I could swap to another provider, but most are ADSL, also setup fees etc.

Any ideas? i contacted them on there forums and they said there was a problem with my downstream on my modem, which was the same problem the last tech come around for, yet he didn't fix it.
Any ideas?

make them change your modem for new one
anywayz u are paying for the ''service'' right ?
maybe it fix it :/

I already have had a new one. What do you mean am I paying for the service? It's not like I get internet for free

u are paying for use internet right ?
thats a ''service'' then maybe its a virus
i got one of that one day, your pc
dont restarts itself sometimes ?
if not then u have to configure in your pc
the internet optons maybe it fix it too :/

A router problem probably, that dosent sound like it would be a problem with your computer (unless your downloading something, then that would explain it).

It's been like this for years. It's ANY computer on the network (Even directly connected from the modem). I made a topic about this around last year.

So it's not a router problem.

Nor is it a virus.

Also, i have a IRL friend who lives by me, about half a mile away, getting slow internet too. (Same ISP)

Than change ISP, I have like 3 ISP's around where i live all cable and satellite if I wanna pick another anytime its easy, Than again your using Virgin so I am gonna guess you live in UK or something..

Yes, and other company's are ADSL which will cost a bit to fit in. Also i would have to move the phone TV etc, and i don't want to do that. Also I explained about this in my first post.

yo
i think you should just get new internet or a new pc

for the simple reason of i cant be asked to read

A new PC... Serously, Don't bother replying if you are not going to read the MAIN post.

I have 3 different PC's and 2 Laptops on the network, all with the same problem. I even got another laptop that i have not used here before, yet as soon as it connect it get's only around 2MB.

THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM WITH PC'S (Just to get the message out there)