UnSigned Music.

From what I have researched and gathered. It IS legal to play Unsigned + Free music on the radio without a licence. But I am wanting to be doubly sure about it.

Unsigned is where the music is not registered with like DMA, or big producing company's and they are usually developed on there own.

So That's even more asuring.

Please only answer IF you know what you are talking about.

You don't have to be signed to have your music played on the radio but example is like "hip-hip" the beat "you use" has to be made completely by you or somebody in your group or somebody that gives you complete permission to use it and that might cause a problem, Rock normally you make your own music without any issues because your all a band so they will see that and no there's no problem putting it up because you made it yourself.

It all depends really, most of the radio will only play signed people anyways but like here in my city for example our home radio station might play some artists from here even if signed or not once in a while.

Depends if some someone has royalties/copyright on the music. If not you can play.

@vital2k, that is what UnSigned is, It's not copyrighted or anything, or registered with DMA.

But ok, i guess i can play it on a radio then.

Unsigned artists usually release their music on a CC 2.0 license iirc; you would have to look into the terms of that and other licenses they use (depending where you get the music from really). Anything you make is copyrighted under your name afaik, I remember a thread about this a while ago.

afaik, http://www.unsignedbandweb.com/legal.html is there page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsigned
All of the songs hosted at www.unsignedbandweb.com remain the property of the respective artists that uploaded them, and are uploaded here to assist the artist in building a fan base, selling their music, and/or getting feedback from other artists and fans.
Quote:

The materials at Unsigned Band Web are copyrighted and any unauthorized use of these materials may violate copyrights and/or trademarks.

Yet, it dosn't say much more.

Scrap all that, I have noticed that on the website, people are just asking the Artist's and most of them say yes. ofc, they want more popularity.

Edit: poo, double post