SA-MP 0.3b R2 client/server update (optional)

SA-MP 0.3b R2 update is available on the Download Page. This is an optional/recommended update to SA-MP 0.3b that fixes some last minute problems not found before release.

Client:

- Fixes 'Client may crash if using the new chat /timestamp feature'
- Fixes 'Other players may appear floating for a few seconds when they first stream in'

Server:

- Fixes (Windows) server not announcing correctly to the 0.3b server list
- Fixes (Windows/linux) server may crash if Kick() is used in OnPlayerUpdate

Please check back for any further updates to the SA-MP client/server.

I do not need to update my server version ... thanks
Well done!

thanks for the update

Yay finally offically released!

Good work.

Thank you, for your hard working Developer team.
We love and cheer you!
You rock!

This release just came to fast? Is RC3 going to be released tomorrow :/?
Because just a few people updated to 0.3b and 0.3b RC2 is already out...
So I'll update my server later on, not now because I just getting some players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiejeben
View Post
its not RC2, but R2. Also its optional and players can enter to your R2 server even if they have 0.3b(not R2) client.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiejeben
View Post
Unlikely. It's not surprising that some bugs have slipped through into the release version despite all of the testing it has received. However, what's important is that they've been fixed an an update has been released very quickly. In addition, 0.3b and 0.3b R2 are compatible with each other, so you won't loose any players by updating to 0.3b R2 on the server and you will still be able to connect to 0.3b servers if you install 0.3b R2 on your client.

We're not aware of any further bugs at the moment (but feel free to report any) so there shouldn't be another bugfix update any time soon.

I'd just like to point out:

RC = Release candidate
R = Revision

There won't be any more RC's for 0.3b but there will be revisions, as normal.

not work on win 7 i try compability, administrator, patch, 2x reinstall game.. but not work,... when i start the game crashes and shows the message register codes

older version normally run

I was sure that normal 0.3b release will fail and there will be R2 next day.

I wouldn't call it a fail, it was just an issue that was not detected earlier. I don't think that your negative comments will help in any way.

When the loading screen is finished and it went to the connecting screen, I keep getting crashes.
Is this a problem from my side, probably due to mods I have or?

EDIT: Using Win 7 and problem is the same as the quote below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Noha
Посмотреть сообщение
not work on win 7 i try compability, administrator, patch, 2x reinstall game.. but not work,... when i start the game crashes and shows the message register codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Noha
Посмотреть сообщение

Well, on my Win 7, SAMP 0.3b works normally. Maybe it doesn't work, cuz you don't have an original win 7, same thing happened to me with 0.3a on pirated Win 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpb_Xommko
Посмотреть сообщение
I was sure that normal 0.3b release will fail and there will be R2 next day.
They continue to update SA-MP, not a fail in my opinion.

Thanks for the update

Thanks Kalcor.

EDIT: nvm my gta_sa.exe was the problem

I upgraded to SA-MP 0.3b R2 yesterday, and as usual have experienced no problems with the client (excluding the connection bug.)

I got to be one of the people who tested out the RC versions of SA-MP 0.3b (except SA-MP 0.3b RC5, as I didn't learn of its release until after I learned of SA-MP 0.3b's release.) I would not have used the RC versions of SA-MP 0.3b, but the owner of a server I play on decided to test out his server's script with the SA-MP 0.3b RC versions of the server software. I didn't want to wait until SA-MP 0.3b was released, so I used the RC versions of SA-MP 0.3b. The software was stable, and I never crashed once, although some people did report crashes.

I did experience the connection bug like in previous versions of SA-MP, but using a workaround method I know of - pressing the ESC key after SA-MP says it is trying to connect to the server, then leaving the pause menu after 10 seconds - worked perfectly.

I would like to thank the SA-MP development team for their work, and look forward to further releases of the program.