admin is fun?

Just wanted to talk about this. Is it just me or do a lot of people in their advertisements are like, "Looking for admins", "You could be an admin". This may be just me, but I personally think being admin is a job and hard work (if server is populated). I don't understand why people would actually go to their server to get work.

/discuss

Personally I view admin as being a job more than anything really.. you dont get to play on the server, because you have to actively monitor it for hackers / cheaters, but it depends on the server really in my opinion, it differs based on the maturity of the playerbase and what kind of gamemode the server's running, etc.

Just my two cents hehe

Yes, i dont understand why everyone wants to be admin... I'm admin on 3 servers, being a admin is not just about fun, its more about checking for cheaters and rulebreakers.

Quote:

Yes, i dont understand why everyone wants to be admin...

They want to have a special status on the server.

Good administrators are generally in it to do the right thing, help out, and don't think of their position as a meaning to act like a complete douche bag.

Nothing fun about being an administrator after a while.

admin help meh!
admin ban hacker!
admin r u there?
admin can u ban dat guy?
admin look at meh forum post!!!
admin login to xfire!!!
admin reply to my pms!!!

Argh... gets fucking annoying after a while, lol.

Most people wont take admin jobs seriously like on my server.You have to make them at Temp. Mod First to see if they will be a future admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las Venturas CNR
Посмотреть сообщение
Nothing fun about being an administrator after a while.

admin help meh!
admin ban hacker!
admin r u there?
admin can u ban dat guy?
admin look at meh forum post!!!
admin login to xfire!!!
admin reply to my pms!!!

Argh... gets fucking annoying after a while, lol.
i agree with you LOL

They only want be important people in the server

Depends really but most of the time they like the server and been with it for a long time like my for an example, And all its doing is growing and growing So being an admin you get to watch it grow and be more apart of it and helping etc, I don't want my admins just thinking of it as the "spot" and helps themselves or buddies with RPing and such, I am on my server 5-6 hours a day admining all the time if it isn't In-Game its outta in-game doing account stuff, organizing stuff, ban appeals etc etc list goes on.

Of course there not paid to do it so there not gonna be there 24/7 wanting to do the job but long as they put in a few hours a day of work on duty and always look out for cheaters / hackers than you got some decent admins.

Being a server admin is basically a job. People (especially young kids) think that they can be a great admin, when really they have no idea what they're doing... I don't understand why people will put that in their server advertisements... I have something similar in my signature, but that's because I won't just make someone an admin out of the blue. They have many things they must send to me, then there's tests, etc..