[FilterScript] jBizz - The simple business system

jBizz
The simple, fast & dynamic business system!

This filterscript will allow you to create businesses with one line, using files.

jBizz is completely dynamic, there's several options at the top of the script ready to be edited to your preferences.

Features

Map Icons
3DText Labels
Pickups
Made for use with dialogs
Interior & Virtualworld support
Everything is fully dynamic or editable at the top of the script!

Performance

jBizz is optimized for speed.

jBizz uses one global timer, with one loop, with a itteration count of (maxplayers in server.cfg), which checks if you have more than 1$ earnings, then gives you them, the interval of the timer is changable at the top of the script with the constant 'BIZZ_PAYMENT_INTERVAL', the timer is in Minutes.

jBizz reads files fast with the usage of sscanf2 by ******

jBizz has only been tested with one player

Bugs

This is not so much a bug, but the Dialog gives two options, 'Buy' and 'Sell', if you own the business or not, however your response will be ignored if you don't own the business. If you own the business and you get the dialog again, simply press 'Buy' and you will get a message saying you already own the business.

If your responses to the dialogs aren't registered, it's because another one of your filterscripts uses OnDialogResponse, or you have returned wrong in the callback.

How to create a business

Create a folder in the folder 'scriptfiles' named 'jBizz', then inside that folder, create a file named 'Businesses.cfg'
Once done, open Businesses.cfg, and use the following format to create a business

pawn Код:
Business Name,Price,X coordinate,Y coordinate,Z coordinate,Interior,World
Once you've done that, open the script and edit the constant 'MAX_BUSINESSES' to as much as you want.
Your businesses should be done, keep in mind using Files requires the format to be PERFECT.

Required scripts

jBizz requires the following scripts/plugins fully running & installed:

Icognitos Streamer - Click me
sscanf2 - Click me

If you don't have these scripts operating correctly, jBizz will not function right!

Download

Pastebin: http://joelewis.pastebin.com/FTkZgQqK

Nice, checking and testing now

nice but on this Business Name,Price,X coordinate,Y coordinate,Z coordinate,Interior,World what coords need from interior from enter from exit what?

You missunderstood, billiout, I like the idea though.

You can create the pickup in an interior, to get there, you have to script that something yourself.

Although a while ago I did create a door script, it was rather messy, but it should be very good now, it was never released, if I ever do though, you could use that to have doors to interiors, then create the business in that interior.

nice, good works

to simple-.-

How's it 'to simple -.-'.. A business is something you buy, and earn money from.

Then again, I'd like to see your SUPER EFFICIENT DYNAMIC EPIC business system.

OH, and please don't throw the 'you can't enter it, or use them', This is a STANDALONE script, so there will be no 'using them for trucking' unless it's in the gamemode.

Though V2.0 will have interiors.

Don't really know why you're posting, if it's not what you want, don't post. Criticism is fine if it's creative, feel free to post suggestions.

xD chill... im not against anything..

Sorry, but instead of throwing comments out that don't add / suggest anything, it's better to not post at all.

well heres a suggestion since you said its gonna have interiors. maybe you could make it able to buy stuff. & when the owner comes on he can go to the bussiness and collect the money or something:P

yeah thats a good idea adding like a menu so you can buy weapon food and the collect money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey619
View Post
yeah thats a good idea adding like a menu so you can buy weapon food and the collect money

*dialog. menus suck.

Why not create my business?

Weapon,1,1951.6067,1343.0210,15.3746,17,0

Something wrong?

Have you actually tested this? Through looking at the code, I think not because it won't work. You're loading the information from the .cfg file and then creating a "business" (pickup, 3dtext label, etc) based on a value stored in an enum. However I cannot see where you are actually setting that value, so therefore it will default to 0, hence resulting in all businesses spawning at 0,0,0 co-ords.

Biz's done create?
Code:
Jefferson Auto's, 50000, 2131.8264, -1150.5077, 24.1498, 1, 0
Btw, what is the Coords, Interior or Exterior?

exterior only

This is great for beginners who want to study and create their own business systems also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_
View Post
Have you actually tested this? Through looking at the code, I think not because it won't work. You're loading the information from the .cfg file and then creating a "business" (pickup, 3dtext label, etc) based on a value stored in an enum. However I cannot see where you are actually setting that value, so therefore it will default to 0, hence resulting in all businesses spawning at 0,0,0 co-ords.
Jay,

My friend showed me some usefull things that sscanf can do, that includes reading with deliminators are inserting the results into an enum, if you look at the sscanf line you can see.

sscanf will only insert the results into the enum if the file format is correct, if it's not, it won't work, that's why it's very important for the formats to be 100%.

And it does infact work perfectly, any problems are because you people are not doing it right.

@ recik009,

It works perfectly, your format is wrong, or you have placed it in an interior and have no way of getting there.

@ ALL

These are pickups, you pick them up, press buy, then you get money, it's simple, just like the title says.

I might be releasing my door script (standalone), and then you can add these pickups in the interior, so the door goes from outside to inside.

Or I might add interior/exterior support for this.

Farther I don't understand, what I am supposed to do so that this script works. How to create pickup etc? The script does this automatically?

It says what to do on the first post.

Create a folder, in the folder 'scriptfiles', named 'jBizz'.
Inside the 'jBizz' folder, create a .cfg file named 'Businesses.cfg'.
Use the format to create a business.

The pickups, mapicons and 3dtext labels are created automaticly when there's a business in that file.