Super Mario Bros 1. Remake

Hi, guys!
As of lately I've been working on a remake - I'm remaking the original Super Mario Brothers for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) with new graphics, new music, and features from newer Mario games!
It has reached 5,25% completion and I'm gonna have a public beta test relatively soon.

You can write any suggestions, ideas or thoughts about this in here.
Screenshots coming today or the day after today or the day after the day after the day after the--Whatever. I'll post screenshots soon.
Please no trolling or messages containing "This is an old game and nobody cares about it gtfo" (Which will be posted anyway T_T)

Awesome idea, love the NES and all the 8bit games it offers. You shouldnt remake the music too much though, you should still keep the chiptune feeling in it.

I will be glad to beta test it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutty
View Post
Awesome idea, love the NES and all the 8bit games it offers. You shouldnt remake the music too much though, you should still keep the chiptune feeling in it.

I will be glad to beta test it!
For now we're using placeholder NSMB/SMB3 music, which will be replaced as progress goes on.
We will, most probably, use NSMB graphics, due to many people's requests.
We're using a SMB3-like engine, therefore adding more features and flexibility to the game. Ever thought of a map in SMB1? =)

Send me some contact details in a PM (preferably MSN) and I will provide you with the latest build... Well, the latest which hasn't been leaked. *shivers*

(Graphics and music can change, but the level design of 1-1 is 100% complete, 99% complete in the case of 1-2)

Nice I liked these games when I was small .

I Still like the Old nintendo games.

Awesome! Make sure not to make It too accurate so you get sued by Nintendo xD
I'd love to beta-test It aswell. I will send you my MSN.

This is not a multiplayer, right? If not, I'll be glad to beta test as well.

I love those Super Mario Games! Good luck in this project.
I would also be glad to beta test this.

Thanks.

Looks great, good luck. As with the others, I'd be glad to beta test it D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garber
View Post
Awesome! Make sure not to make It too accurate so you get sued by Nintendo xD
I'd love to beta-test It aswell. I will send you my MSN.
Long as he doesn't make people pay for it they really can't fully sue him because hes not making any profit off of it, So how do they think he'll have the money to pay anything? :P.

All you gotta tell the judge is, I am a broke ass living in a small apartment that just made a remake for fun, I got no money so how do you think ill be able to give these people money if i don't even make money off the remake itself?.