ip keeps changing? i already set it to static?

When my modem disconnects the ip changes. i've already set it to static and whats not.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You can't set it so. Ask your provider to do it.

You've got a dynamic IP like the rest of the general home internet user population, only the lucky ones get static IPs :P Either upgrade your internet for like $20 a month to a business line to get a static IP or get a server host.

o well.... my father will never let me do that.. if only my mom was here

Oh its simple problem. Im using sweex router.

You need to set in routers settings ( if your mac adress trying to use internet set its ip .......... ) and you are done.
if its not seted, ips goes randoomly.

whers my router settings? and btw its xp

EDIT: I forgot

I think he's trying to disable the automatic assignment of his local IP, guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLinx
Посмотреть сообщение
You've got a dynamic IP like the rest of the general home internet user population, only the lucky ones get static IPs :P Either upgrade your internet for like $20 a month to a business line to get a static IP or get a server host.
What are you talking about?, Lots of home internet connections have the "Same IP" even my does, The difference is mainly DSL changes every time it restarts, And if you got DSL its time to upgrade.

Also to stay on topic you can always mess with your router config and set its IP to the IP your assigned with right now and it should work fine for a while, Ive done it back in the day early 2007 when living in my moms and having DSL crap... once got my own place i got cable and i never seen much cable providers that don't got a static IP Address.

who knows if i play sacnr? lol

also i use adsl