Suggested VPS Specs needed

Suggested specs on VPS Ram,Bandwidth & CPU?

Server stats,

R8, uses Pvars, MySQL, 110 players. im planning on hosting the Server, mySQL server, AND website from the VPS, Any suggestions on specs?

Dual core @ 3ghz, 2-3GB RAM, 100Mbps up/down (standard for VPS), 30-40gb of space.

Your biggest issue will be your hoster and the potential of them overselling their servers thus inducing lag on your guest instance.

How much bandwidth?

Bandwith varys. Since you will be hosting your site off it aswell that has to be taken into account. Having 110 players on all day or having it hit 110 at peak and remain at 30-50 throughout the day. There are unmetered VPS's but, They do tend to take a bit more dough.

If you have a host now if possible, Ask him if theirs a way for him to check how much bandwith your server has used in the past month or so, That would give you a rough draft along with taking into account your website.

1 TB (1000gb)/month should suffice for 110 players.

I don't know why people keep saying you need that much RAM ..

I'm running: SA-MP (30-50 players, 70 peak), website (apache2), mysqld on:
Shared i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz and 640 MB ram, while it never has really gone far over 400MB ram usage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exora
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't know why people keep saying you need that much RAM ..

I'm running: SA-MP (30-50 players, 70 peak), website (apache2), mysqld on:
Shared i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz and 640 MB ram, while it never has really gone far over 400MB ram usage.
Does your gamemode use PVars, MySQL, and whatnot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
Посмотреть сообщение
He said website (apache2), I'm pretty sure websites use a large MySQL Database, wouldn't that already used lots of ram excluding his gamemode?

Hi,

If you want to run your VPS under Windows :

CPU : 2x 2.8 GHz
RAM : 2 GB Ram
Bandwith : 1 TB ( 100 Players )

If you want to run your VPS under Linux :

CPU : 2x 1.6 GHz
RAM : 1 GB Ram
Bandwith : 1 TB ( 100 Players )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes, lots of things are MySQL based/saved (Houses, Businesses, ..) Files too, lots of logging (I mean really lots) - No PVars. And a forum with 500 members and 8k posts.

@[Mr]Wallace: The MySQL connection should definitely be local, else the saving will extremely delay - and there is really no need for 1GB of RAM either, and why should he need 2 cores for a gameserver and a website!?. :/ That'll be a waste of money, while you can upgrade the specs anytime.