[FilterScript] Efficient anti-AFK [not the usual method]

No longer available.

Please find me a released anti-AFK script which has a 15-minute timer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ev0lutionnn
View Post
Please find me a released anti-AFK script which has a 15-minute timer.
Well, one of the most popular scripts on this forum (godfather) uses that system. Even people that don't use the godfather, some probably copied it off there for another script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zZ PacMan Zz
View Post
Well, one of the most popular scripts on this forum (godfather) uses that system. Even people that don't use the godfather, some probably copied it off there for another script.
Ah, I never actually bothered going through Godfather.
I think saying "usually" scripts use a 15-minute timer is a bit of a stretch though, any decent coded anti-AFK system won't use such a thing, or will have some type of protection against it. Honestly, I don't see anything unique about yours, or why you consider it "efficient" compared to others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ev0lutionnn
View Post
Ah, I never actually bothered going through Godfather.
I think saying "usually" scripts use a 15-minute timer is a bit of a stretch though, any decent coded anti-AFK system won't use such a thing, or will have some type of protection against it. Honestly, I don't see anything unique about yours, or why you consider it "efficient" compared to others.
Well the idea was based on comparison against the godfather's system. There aren't too many on this forum so I felt it would be a useful addition. It's your opinion how unique you think it is, but others may think otherwise. Giving the users a chance to tell the server they are still active in the game is something I haven't seen before.

I think it's great, Good Job

great job :]

Always a great job!

Good job dude!

Fixed a few bugs. Thanks for the comments =)

Amazed you released something :O

Nice job.

Please explain to me how this is more efficient than the other systems out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
View Post
Please explain to me how this is more efficient than the other systems out there.
I already explained, please read my recent replies.

Quote:

-Why this better towards the traditional method?
The usual anti-AFK methods are pretty unefficient. Numerous
problems can occur. They usually will have a 15 minute timer,
which can kick people who are just joining!

I fail to see how yours is efficient, you could go afk in a car as passenger and have someone drive you around, also the part about having yours not kicking innocents is false seeing as you have it set this timer
pawn Code:
SetPVarInt(i, "AFKKickTimer", SetTimer("DelayedKick", AFK_DELAYKICK_AMOUNT, true));
but then you have nothing in OnPlayerDisconnect so they could quit and someone else could join and be kicked.

There's nothing in OnPlayerText to say that they are not just standing there and talking to others.

Having them input the text there doesn't really make sense since what ever they type they have to be at their keyboard to type it hence they wouldn't be afk.

In short, it is not more efficient than others released on the forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by cessil
View Post
I fail to see how yours is efficient, you could go afk in a car as passenger and have someone drive you around, also the part about having yours not kicking innocents is false seeing as you have it set this timer
pawn Code:
SetPVarInt(i, "AFKKickTimer", SetTimer("DelayedKick", AFK_DELAYKICK_AMOUNT, true));
but then you have nothing in OnPlayerDisconnect so they could quit and someone else could join and be kicked.

There's nothing in OnPlayerText to say that they are not just standing there and talking to others.

Having them input the text there doesn't really make sense since what ever they type they have to be at their keyboard to type it hence they wouldn't be afk.

In short, it is not more efficient than others released on the forums
This is true as well. You told me earlier to review all of your posts, I did and yet I still don't see a good explanation on how this is more efficient. ** to the FS creator

If you have anything to say that is unrelated to "Thanks, suggestions, or bugs" please do not post.

Efficiency
-Editing from settings without pawno knowledge makes it efficient at customization.
-Utilizing ForEach instead of traditional for() is efficient use.
-Using defines rather than variables to make only the necessary code compile is efficiency in resources.
-Allowing the user to tell the server they are still in-game so they won't get kicked efficiently removed the possibility of falsely kicked users.
-Checking every defined value instead of every 15 minutes (concept from godfather) is more efficient detection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
View Post
** to the FS creator
Excuse me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaprnks
View Post
If you have anything to say that is unrelated to "Thanks, suggestions, or bugs" please do not post.

Efficiency
-Editing from settings without pawno knowledge makes it efficient at customization.
-Utilizing ForEach instead of traditional for() is efficient use.
-Using defines rather than variables to make only the necessary code compile is efficiency in resources.
-Allowing the user to tell the server they are still in-game so they won't get kicked efficiently removed the possibility of falsely kicked users.
-Checking every defined value instead of every 15 minutes (concept from godfather) is more efficient detection.

Excuse me?
Well, instead of saying its more efficient, you should say its more optimal. I didn't curse at you, I was basically inputting there that the last sentence I created was to go towards you, don't worry.

Quote:

So, you only want positive comments? How do questions sound, I asked a question and gave my opinion, you don't make the topic rules.

you should also note that you seem to only be comparing it with the godfathers, which does not represent every other one also note that the godfather is really old now.

Good job, ill be sure to use this in my project script

I think it's a Bug or not: After confirming that the player is not AFK, he can not talk in chat again, and even to walk. Would fix this?