[WIP] Zext - A SA-MP text creator (Prototype)

Hey guys, I just thought that I would present this program I am working on. It's in prototype stage and is in need of some testing and such and I also need some proof that I am actually trying to contribute to the forum...

Here's the (direct) download link: http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/8/...1//Zext_AF.zip

Used: VB6 (IDE)
Photoshop (Icons)
My program skillzorz
My artistic skillzorz

EVERYTHING in the this program was created by me. That includes the icons.

I also posted this to get some thoughts on it, like what features you would like to see over and above the current ones. If you take a look around the program, you will see a lot of features, mostly all of them are just ideas (will be in the release). I don't yet have a complete features list, maybe by tomorrow I will have one.

I am also on the hunt for someone who can rip and/or get the fonts from GTA (The multiplayer TextDraw ones) and 2 testers...

So if you interested, holla (In my inbox that is) and I'll jump at the opportunity...

If you notice the program not working, please note it here with your OS, feedback is also appreciated. You will notice a few .dll and .ocx files hudled around the exe, don't be alarmed, it's normal for a VB6 release...

Please no mirrors...I don't want old work floating around.

Sorry I don't have time to upload some documentation at the moment, I'm trying to find some way to get the fonts.

In Action:

EDIT: OK, I re-uploaded the new one, you can actually replace the existing picture with any screenshots of SA-MP or any other pic

When I select Designer Options I get this error.

Quote:

Run-time error '339':

Component 'COMDLG32.OCX; or one of its dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing of invalid

Other than that, it's looking pretty good

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1ceC1ty
Посмотреть сообщение
When I select Designer Options I get this error.

Other than that, it's looking pretty good
Run as administrator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyDeR`
Посмотреть сообщение
Run as administrator.
Ahh I always forget to do that on Windows 7, works now.

Testing now, Ill leave feedback in a min

EDIT: Works fine, but if you double click on the text you made, and that box pops up, OK or cancel don't work.

Tested and I have some suggestions
- Use as background a san andreas multiplayer screenshot.
- Use the correct fonts
- Use the correct sizes
- Support boxes
- Show output immidiately without saving those things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyDeR`
Посмотреть сообщение
Tested and I have some suggestions
- Use as background a san andreas multiplayer screenshot.
- Use the correct fonts
- Use the correct sizes
- Support boxes
- Show output immidiately without saving those things.
1) That's the best idea so far! (Also the only lolz) I was at a loss as to what to put on the Designer Box
2) I have had success in ripping the fonts from SA, but in a .png format I'm working on it now
3) I have to use correct sizes if I want to make this program even remotely usable
4) Supporting boxes is quite easy, but will take some time, also, there is not transparency >.<
5) Saving what things?

Thanks guys, It's great to hear some feedback, it will help me in the long run

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_war_lord
Посмотреть сообщение
1) That's the best idea so far! (Also the only lolz) I was at a loss as to what to put on the Designer Box
2) I have had success in ripping the fonts from SA, but in a .png format I'm working on it now
3) I have to use correct sizes if I want to make this program even remotely usable
4) Supporting boxes is quite easy, but will take some time, also, there is not transparency >.<
5) Saving what things?

Thanks guys, It's great to hear some feedback, it will help me in the long run
5) He means to Auto-Save the output after you moved/edited it.

Good job! Like it!