[PAWN EDITOR] PawnSciTE • Highlighting, Folding, Colorpicker, FTP and much more!

Tabs and 4 spaces arent the equal length in this, so my code is all messed up. Other then that though, its cool.

Quote:

Tabs and 4 spaces arent the equal length in this, so my code is all messed up. Other then that though, its cool.

yes I found that, but I managed to change it pretty easily through the options menu.

Quote:

I'm also working on a macro to do FTP uploads and auto-restarting for gta-host.com servers. Well actually, it's already built and working perfectly but I want to see if I can integrate it with SciTE, possibly uploading and restarting upon successful compilation.

wow, that would be real cool. but how about somehow let the users choose FTP server/ login it would be a better feature I think

Quote:
Quote:

yes I found that, but I managed to change it pretty easily through the options menu.

Yeah, just enable monospaced font (the next version will have that by default).

Quote:

wow, that would be real cool. but how about somehow let the users choose FTP server/ login it would be a better feature I think

I've just finished making a settings program so you can easily set it to an FTP server of your choice and change login details etc.

I'll be releasing the next version as soon as I finish the installer and fix a few minor bugs. I might also add a restarting feature for a server running on the local machine if I get time.
I'll probably have the next version available for download within 2-3 hours if everything goes well...

Sorry for the double post, but I just want to let you know that the next version is definitely going live within the next hour or so.

Here's a list of new features:
  • Installer for easy installation of the plugin and the editor itself.
  • Settings application to make it easy to configure things such as the location of pawncc.exe and your FTP Username/Password/Address etc.
  • Intelligent cURL-powered server restarting via web control panel for gta-host.com servers.
  • FTP uploads to theoretically any server and (probably coming in a later update) intelligent folder selection (currently you must select folder from a dropdown list or type it manually).
  • Monospaced font by default due to request.
  • (Coming in the next update) Function parameter tooltips as you type.
  • (Coming in the next update) Restarting of local servers (probably via macro).
  • (Coming sometime soon) Seperate window with a list of function where you can click the function and you will be taken to the appropriate location.
  • (Hopefully in this update) Installer will set .pwn files to open automatically with SciTE.
  • All 3 compilation options in SciTE now do something:
    • GO will FTP upload and restart if enabled.
    • BUILD will compile, FTP upload and restart if enabled.
    • COMPILE will only compile the script.

I know triple posting breaks all the rules but I just have to let you all know - the new version is finally online!

For download and features list, check the first post.

and what you can do with this i still dont get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedryk_cedryk
and what you can do with this i still dont get it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkimmortal
Italic+blue = coming soon.
  • Proper syntax highlighting (even highlights most SA:MP-specific functions)
  • Compiler runs in a sidebar and you can double click on an error and it will take you to the line.
  • Code completion support.
  • Uses SciTE, so theoretically unlimited buffer (you can open far bigger files than before)
  • Code folding including "Fold All" feature
  • Pwn appears in file type menu when opening and saving files.
  • When "All Source" is selected in the file type menu when opening and saving files, pwn is included in the definition.
  • Installer for easy installation of the plugin and the editor itself.
  • Settings application to make it easy to configure things such as the location of pawncc.exe and your FTP Username/Password/Address etc.
  • Intelligent cURL-powered server restarting via web control panel for gta-host.com servers.
  • FTP uploads to theoretically any server and (probably coming in a later update) intelligent folder selection (currently you must select folder from a dropdown list or type it manually).
  • Monospaced font by default due to request.
  • Function parameter tooltips as you type.
  • Restarting of local servers (probably via macro).
  • Seperate window with a list of function where you can click the function and you will be taken to the appropriate location.
  • Installer will set .pwn files to open automatically with SciTE.
  • All 3 compilation options in SciTE now do something:
    • GO will FTP upload and restart if enabled.
    • BUILD will compile, FTP upload and restart if enabled.
    • COMPILE will only compile the script.
I'm also about to release version 0.3 which will include jumping to callback and function definitions. Hopefully I will be able to code it so it can intelligently analyse the pawn code and won't require the stuff pawno needs to do this (something to do with natives, but I've never tried it so I don't really know how it's done in pawno, lol).

0.3 should also hopefully have basic encryption for the stored passwords and function parameter tooltips if I can figure out why SciTE isn't showing them.

EDIT: All this encouragement seems to be helping - I just made a huge breakthrough and 0.3 should be released within the next day or so!

New version released! Check the first post.

And don't forget to tell me what you think of it and to post bugs, suggestions etc. After all I've spent the past 3+ weeks on this so it's the least you can do

Awesome work.

Maybe instead of doing the gmx command it should do changemode <file> (maybe this could be toggled). Since quite a fair amount of filterscripts have #define FILTERSCRIPT in them (it's done that way in the SA:MP Server Package), maybe you could read the source file(s) for that line and see if it needs a reloadfs <file> instead of a gmx/changemode.

Also if it's possible, it'd be cool to be able to dock the "JumpTo" window into the main window.

I've also noticed that the tooltips don't always show up- maybe that's a bug, maybe I'm just noobing a little..

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhol
I've also noticed that the tooltips don't always show up- maybe that's a bug, maybe I'm just noobing a little..
Yeah that happens sometimes but there's not a lot I can do about it cos the tooltips are powered by SciTE

Couple of suggestions again:
1) Remove the "Toolbox closed"-message box.. after the 3347 first times you start the program it CAN be annoying :P
2) Add features for auto-indentation of whole blocks/selections. And of course, "de-indentation".

Got another treat for ya:
When using FOR-loops several times in a script, and putting it like this:
pawn Code:
for (new i;i<10;i++)
{
  foo=bar;
}
It gives warnings that variable i "shadows" another one, which it doesn't. This problem doesn't happen in Pawno, so it almost has to be something here... or am I wrong?

Quote:
Got another treat for ya:
When using FOR-loops several times in a script, and putting it like this:
pawn Code:
for (new i;i<10;i++)
{
  foo=bar;
}
It gives warnings that variable i "shadows" another one, which it doesn't. This problem doesn't happen in Pawno, so it almost has to be something here... or am I wrong?
That's weird... PawnSciTE uses the exact same compiler as Pawno (that's why its necessary to point it to the location of Pawno) with (I think) the same command line settings. Maybe you are missing an include line or something

Not supporting russian lang =\
so in russia ppl dont use this editor ( but its fuckin` good )

Quote:
Originally Posted by gont1k
Not supporting russian lang =\
so in russia ppl dont use this editor ( but its fuckin` good )
In Soviet Russia, script edits YOU!!
Sorry, couldn't resist.

And no, I can compile a script first with Pawno and get no warns at all- then I can compile the very same script in PawnSciTE and get tons of them.

Quote:
And no, I can compile a script first with Pawno and get no warns at all- then I can compile the very same script in PawnSciTE and get tons of them.
Thats really weird - Any chance of an example?

And have you tried all the compile options?

EDIT: Has anyone noticed CTRL+Enter brings up a code completion thing? I can't believe I've only just noticed that

btw just so you know theres like 2-3 functions without () its a small edit to the api but just pointing it out done it on mine already
other than that its nice i use scite quite alot for some of my other scripts quite easy to add functions in there

add Kirilitsa

Suggestion: CTRL+Scroll up/Scroll down to do a faster scroll

This is default in pawno and it would be nice if it was here. Not really important but if possible.