0.3b Development bar gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymtisd
View Post
I think it's time we all move on to other games. I mean, it's 2010, GTA SA was released for PC in 2005
Not really this game is a classic and so is SA-MP, updates will keep happening
Also the development bar disappeared when 0.3 was being made too didn't it?
Nothing to worry about

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacads
View Post
Nothing to worry about
I agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
Посмотреть сообщение
We consider that some server owners are contributing to SA-MP by beta testing.
I consider every server owner contributing to SA:MP by hosting a server, you can have a load of beta testers but there's not going to be much of a multiplayer game with no servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacads
View Post
Nothing to worry about
This is true though.

Well to be honest, I think Kye knows what he is talking about.
And that he knows the terms and agreements which he agreed with Rockstar.
There is no need for people to be telling him his agreement. Im sure he knows.

You can read it yourself in the GTA:SA license agreement found in the DVD booklet. There is a section on "Modifications" which contains conditions like:

Quote:

"OWNER encourages noncommercial distribution of quality Modifications, .. [] "
"(ii) your Modifications must contain a full, registered copy of the game to run .. [] "
"(iii) you may not distribute a Mod that contains an executable file which has been changed or modified in any way .. []"
"(v) your Modifications must be distributed solely for free .. []"

SA-MP has to be distributed for free and without a modified gta_sa.exe. Otherwise it would require would a seperate agreement with Take-Two.

We've never had any intention of charging for SA-MP anyway. I don't think it's commercial quality. It's good for something that was hacked in to a game that wasn't designed for multiplayer, but it can't really compete with other commercial multiplayer games. 90% of the development time has been spent on technical hurdles, rather than any polishing.

As for the development version being taken away: since early 2008 we've become more closed in development. We used to announce features on our blog as soon as they went in. But we realised this information was being used against us by other mods that have a stated goal of replacing SA-MP. Every time we announced a new feature they would try to 1-up us by announcing the exact same feature a few weeks later. People closely associated with these other mods have been responsible many attacks on SA-MP, including the hacking of our old SMF forum. It has now gotten to the point where I'm not prepared to give out any info about SA-MP development.

I guess that everyone here understands this, nevertheless there would be less panic if there just was any sign that development hasn't stopped and there will come something in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceK
Посмотреть сообщение
I do believe one day SA-MP will stop, but not until it's leading MTA on the levels of sync. Plus, the SA-MP team are making Just Cause 2 MP so that might interupt with a few things.
I believe kye had a response about that, being that he is not developing it. I could be wrong, since it was a while ago.

The game is five years old already. SA-MP will probably be around a few more years, but will likely start to fade away eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent314
Посмотреть сообщение
I believe kye had a response about that, being that he is not developing it. I could be wrong, since it was a while ago.

The game is five years old already. SA-MP will probably be around a few more years, but will likely start to fade away eventually.
You may be correct, I got my info from a long time ago.

There are games more than 5 years old, and people still play them.

I didnt bother reading ALL of the replies, but i believe it has mainly to do with the attacks from France. When we went through the attacks with other people, the development bar was removed. Just relax everyone, it will be back, and if not, it isnt the end of the world.

From my perspective the Development of 0.2.5b (and later 0.3a) went really too slow.
It took almost 2 years only to fix some bugs (there are still a LOT), improve the synce, and add about 10 functions, still quite nice job.

But when they introduced SA:MP 0.2.5b around late-2007, i thought they finaly would build in about 100 from the 250+ functions we all posted in a topic which now has been removed, if we're only talking about the possible functions then they only build in like 5%.

I still and i always respected Kye and the developers for all there hard work and time while they even don't get payed for it.

But still, 2 years waiting for all the functions they have build in 0.3a was really disappointing for me, especially when we all thought 0.3 would be the final and last release..

I don't want to talk big, but if i had the knowledge about c++/c# in the 0.2.5b/0.3a development in the period 2007-2009/10 i would have made all that about 100 function within a half year.

Dont forget that there was the source leak in that time. When I remember right many many parts of the code were rewritten to avoid security problems. Many features were changed, for example the bots. In 0.2.5 they worked with coordinates and not record files for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WackoX
Посмотреть сообщение
From my perspective the Development of 0.2.5b (and later 0.3a) went really too slow.
It took almost 2 years only to fix some bugs (there are still a LOT), improve the synce, and add about 10 functions, still quite nice job.

But when they introduced SA:MP 0.2.5b around late-2007, i thought they finaly would build in about 100 from the 250+ functions we all posted in a topic which now has been removed, if we're only talking about the possible functions then they only build in like 5%.

I still and i always respected Kye and the developers for all there hard work and time while they even don't get payed for it.

But still, 2 years waiting for all the functions they have build in 0.3a was really disappointing for me, especially when we all thought 0.3 would be the final and last release..

I don't want to talk big, but if i had the knowledge about c++/c# in the 0.2.5b/0.3a development in the period 2007-2009/10 i would have made all that about 100 function within a half year.
Don't get paid? They do, but I don't know how much.
What do you think the Hosted-list and cooperation with serverFFS is for? I wont speculate how much they get cuz I don't know. But still :P

Ofcourse they wanna earn money on stuff they work on, I would, you would. I see nothing wrong with earning money, incase someone takes it like that.
ґ
And also, who knows if 0.3 is the last version? Maybe it is?
Don't you know 0.3a (the 'a') stands for Alpha, and then the Beta (0.3b) is out. Then after that the real 0.3 should come out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garber
Посмотреть сообщение
Don't get paid? They do, but I don't know how much.
What do you think the Hosted-list and cooperation with serverFFS is for? I wont speculate how much they get cuz I don't know. But still :P

Ofcourse they wanna earn money on stuff they work on, I would, you would. I see nothing wrong with earning money, incase someone takes it like that.
ґ
And also, who knows if 0.3 is the last version? Maybe it is?
Don't you know 0.3a (the 'a') stands for Alpha, and then the Beta (0.3b) is out. Then after that the real 0.3 should come out.
0.3b is expected to be the last SA-MP release, according to Kye/Kalcor in a thread was later deleted.

@ Mike Garber:

Read this.

@Calgon: It could be, but it is not really expected as the latest version as far as I remember

Yes but they also said 0.2.5 would be the last version, and even 0.2X came between it when 0.2.2 R3 was still in use.

Lets all appreciate that the fact um we have a FREE mod to play on and its free to create a server, enough said. If people misappropriate the fact that SAMP is giving all these features to players for free, then obviously Kye and the Developers of samp will close this community down and they wouldn't even care because the people are rude. So lets all appreciate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudgens
Посмотреть сообщение
Uhm, kinda off topic but is there any thread about the features in 0.3b?
You cannot get any information about SA-MP development anymore. We just have to wait till it comes out.

Oh well, isn't Kye working with SA-MP all alone now? I guess it's alot of code.