Why people should never buy HP computers.

Every HP laptop from 2007-2009 has broke or is in the process including mine. Even newer desktop HP laptops are seriously defective. Support sucks and do everything possible to make you shut up. This actually makes me laugh a bit:

Welcome to the NVIDIA Defect! All dvxxxx laptops are busto and the TX laptops are now getting fried. You can find them all at ****** and *******. My next purchase should be a dell right? There's a list of a bunch of people that have busted ones here and remember this is just the people who found this site: http://hplies.com/memberlist.php?mod...user&sk=z&sd=d

I'm on my laptop then all of a sudden BAM.

I love these lines that are always there at the bottom even at the POST screen.

Whoo just had to buy a wireless USB on ebay because the wireless failed!

At least there's a nice fix for this crap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mALqhUqwqQE

Thanks for reading. Awaiting your opinions!.

For a laptop, I'd suggest Acer. The quality beats dell and HP (imo).

Well I have a Compaq (Part of HP brand) laptop for 3 years now and it's functioning as intended, except the driver support for it sucks beyond belief, the pain and suffering I had to go through to get the audio working in it!

But my old college lecturer was convinced that HP was crap quality, he always ranted about them being a disaster , he would know too, he used to work with them.

What year was your laptop made in out of curiosity?

I had HP for 5 years, without any problems. Everything works fine, even now my sister uses it. Now I have Asus, I would recommend it for everyone :P

Dell FTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakku
View Post
I had HP for 5 years, without any problems. Everything works fine, even now my sister uses it. Now I have Asus, I would recommend it for everyone :P
That's the exact reason. It was not made between (late 2006)2007-2010. The older HP computers did not fry so easily. But they are old so whats the point. The new ones are designed to break or start getting messed up right after the warranty expires.

I Have a hp laptop from 2009 and its completely fine.. I've had it for about 7 months now.

Whats the model cj101? I can see if it will break on you or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj101
View Post
I Have a hp laptop from 2009 and its completely fine.. I've had it for about 7 months now.
Me to, i have a HP Compaq CQ60-300ED.

The main reason why your laptop broke is because of not being careful.
Your laptop is not designed to always play Steam games for more then 1/2 hours,
and you need to clear the way to the vent holes on the back of the laptop, so not putting it on your bed etc.

Your problem could very be cause of overheating, don't blame HP.

And BTW don't buy a laptop when you want to play games, build your own system (like me) and then you have like 3 or sometimes 10 years warranty on every single product.