New graphics card

Hi,
I have and ATI Radeon HD 4650 (1GB, DDR2, DirectX 10.1) and I was going to upgrade to and 4870 but I changed my mind.
I have choosen for an ATI Radeon HD 5770 (1GB, GDDR5, DirectX 11)
What do you think about the option I made. (Please don't give suggestions about other cards.)

Also if I got my new card, will it fit in the link between motherboard and GFX card?

This is the connection.

I think all cards have the same connection, right?

It's a PCI-E card, so you need a PCI-E slot, which that one seems to be.

Remember though some of the latest Radeon cards can be absolutely massive, so keep an eye on that before buying them so it'll fit in your case etc.

Yeah, urr i had a problem with that.

I got the Nvidia 260GTX and it's HUGE, and i had to trim my case away a bit to fit it in.

You should be good, provided you have a good enough Power Supply to feed it and enough room in your case...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaTochNietDan
Посмотреть сообщение
It's a PCI-E card, so you need a PCI-E slot, which that one seems to be.

Remember though some of the latest Radeon cards can be absolutely massive, so keep an eye on that before buying them so it'll fit in your case etc.
Thanks for the info.
And yes I've seen it, they're quite long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkrabz
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah, urr i had a problem with that.

I got the Nvidia 260GTX and it's HUGE, and i had to trim my case away a bit to fit it in.
I can belive ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayW
Посмотреть сообщение
You should be good, provided you have a good enough Power Supply to feed it and enough room in your case...
I think my power supply is enough, it's 500 Watt, and I've just found on internet that the 5770 is 11" long (or 22 cm.).
I think everything is fine.

In generally, is the 5770 a good video card? Anyone has it already?

The 5770 is a good video card if you're on a budget. In general, its roughly equal to a 4870 in terms of performance. Plus, it has DirectX 11 support. Can't really go wrong unless you're gaming at an insanely high resolution.

It's a Single GPU, and was the world's fastest.

Since you can get it for around $190 ish, Good for it's performance. Even better if you dual link them.

Also, don't worry, that's over enough power.

And double check if you have a six pin PCIe Power connector at your power supply!
http://www.erodovcdn.com/erodov/revi...onnector-2.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayW
Посмотреть сообщение
The 5770 is a good video card if you're on a budget. In general, its roughly equal to a 4870 in terms of performance. Plus, it has DirectX 11 support. Can't really go wrong unless you're gaming at an insanely high resolution.
OK, thanks. But can you define high resolution? I mean 1920 x 1080, that will work fine right?
Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
It's a Single GPU, and was the world's fastest.

Since you can get it for around $190 ish, Good for it's performance. Even better if you dual link them.

Also, don't worry, that's over enough power.
Yes, it's a quite cheap card for such a performance.
And I will think about a crossfire. Also is it possible to link my current card with the one I'm going to buy? Or needs it be the same model?

Quote:
Originally Posted by watkijkje
Посмотреть сообщение
And double check if you have a six pin PCIe Power connector at your power supply!
http://www.erodovcdn.com/erodov/revi...onnector-2.jpg
I just checked and I think I have it.

(Note, sorry for bad quality)
This?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
You can buy adapters for that, Molex to PCIE power.
It's OK, I think I have it ^^

You do have it

My 5850 requires 2 of them though!