Cars in samp?

When i get samp working, is it ok if i have a car mod while playing samp? i downloaded a 1955 peter built semi truck from the movie duel, and want to use it in multi player, or are car mods not allowed in samp, because i have seen on ******* people using BMW's and Mercedes Benz in samp.

Most car mods do work. They are not supported by SA:MP so say your game is crashing alot and you want to report it you would not really get any help rather than "Remove your mods". Certain Mods cause your game to crash. In some instances if the mods changes your cars speed (Say making a Blista Compat go like 500) you might end up banned in some servers. But changes of the looks are allowed but not supported.

They are, however car mods are client sided, which means that only you can see the modification. Other players on the server will see the car as it appears to them, either off their mods, or as the normal model as made per R*.

So are there people that play online with samp and still use car mods and dont crash?

Yes, it's just not possible to see the car mods for any one else on the server other than the player himself.

Yes, but on some servers you might get banned, ask first
BTW SA:Mp uses its own car handling lines so it's not possible to change speed of cars