Why so many Europeans?

I've always noticed that its like 75% Europeans that play on SA-MP, why so many Europeans vs say, North Americans, which seem to be very rare?

It seems to be 75% Europeans, and the other 25% is mostly made up of Brazil, South Africa, Pakistan, Australia, and Israel, with a few others from Malaysia and Philippines, why so few North Americans? It just seems odd being such a large place, where the game is modeled after, and where SA sold an equal ratio of copies to.

I just found this thread, and almost everyone with the exception of the starter are from Europe:

http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?topic=64230.0

I've also hosted several times and 90% of the IPs were in Turkey, Romania or Northern Europe.

I have no problem at all with it, and no offense intended, just something I'm curious about and interested in your ideas as to why.

Thanks fellas.

Coz we rock !?!?

Nah dunno, good question, I guess it's due to the fact the game is more available in these places ?

Also I guess ping could have something to do with it, hosted servers are mostly in europe/usa so maybe some people get sucky ping so don't play.

Why arent servers hosting in ASIA??

It is also because of time zones. Europeans aren't that likely to be on when America is on because of they are either 5-12 hours behind us. Also due to European servers most likely mean high ping so they stick to American servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |)ЂΩ†{−}ЂR™ – Dare To Die
Why arent servers hosting in ASIA??
There are hosters in Asia too, but I only know about Russia. The strange thing with Russia is that its both European and Asian, but Russia hosts alot of servers, but they also speak Russian there. So idk if its worth going on a Russian server as you most probaly wouldnt understand a shit

I do wish we have more Americans, because most of these Europeans can't even speak proper English. I also find that Europeans aren't the best roleplayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiiRV4N4
I do wish we have more Americans, because most of these Europeans can't even speak proper English. I also find that Europeans aren't the best roleplayers.
Long as you can make guides on forums and such, Anybody willing to read can be a good RolePlayer.

And for the whole American, European thing, We got about 100 People from North America on PR-RP when our server and vent is located in UK, We also got about 180-190 People from Europe , Maybe more, There isn't just a few North America Players just all depends on your server like SA-RP use to be one of biggest servers and was based in North America and most players in it where from there, So it just all goes by timezone's your not gonna fully see bunch of people from North America on at same timezone as you, Most will be on when your in bed etc.

Even myself i am a Canadian, I run a server though so i am likely on more than others but my normal timezone to join the server is different than most of my European players which is alot, And on the weekends you can tell that normally only 180-190 players on weekdays in daytime, But weekends is about 260-270, There's quite a few people from north America i mean ofcoarse there's more from Europe but yeah whatever numbers you got ain't true.

Quote:
Not everyone is good at english, no one is forced to know it or master it. Also beeing able to RP or not doesn't depend on nationality, depends on the player itself, so that comment was just prejudice imo.

Im European. Portuguese to be precise.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
That's a bit offending. I am European and I can speak, or in this case, write, proper English. Of course some Europeans can't speak nor write 'proper' English because they're not American/English... that's one obvious thing.
However, there are few Europeans that actually roleplay quite well. It's just the imagination that keeps us as a low profile... but who cares about that as long as we have fun. Nationality doesn't matter if you can communicate.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
That's completely wrong. Just because someone's foreign, it doesn't hinder their roleplaying skills. Some people suck at roleplaying due to their language constraints, whilst trying to roleplay on a server which doesn't support their [prime] language.