[FilterScript] [FS] tAxI's Vehicle Streamer [v0.2] - add unlimited vehicle spawns and models!!!

tAxI's Vehicle Streamer FS [v0.1]
Very Simply - This is a nice easy to understand FS that will increase ur vehicle spawns to (in theory) an unlimited amount. nice for all of those huge freeroam gamemodes that use ridiculous amounts of vehicles, but now you can add more!!!...the built in spawn amount limit is 9999 but i have no idea if it will reach that as im not crazy enuff to design a mode with 9999 vehicles in it...but this script should allow u to exceed the 700 or so vehicle limit but not the 70 model limit and only 700 vehicles can be active at any one point simultaneously...basically the script will only create vehicles if there is somebody around to see them (within 100 meters) but if there are 700 cars active it will stop creating them. It will also destroy any vehicles that have been placed if there are no players in range as long as the vehicle has not been populated yet, in short if u use a vehicle then leave it and enter a building, it will still be there when u come back (unless it got jacked by sum1 else lol) but if you simply go out of range of a vehicle that has not been driven yet it will cease to exist on the server

The default distance it will spawn a car for u is set at 100 meters but you can change that very simply by changing
SPAWN_DISTANCE

In order to add streaming vehicle spawns u must add your vehicle spawns into this fs under OnFilterscriptInit using AddStreamingVehicle(modelid,x,y,z,angle,color1,col or2); rather than addstaticvehicle.

HOPE U ALL LIKE IT...ENJOY!!!!
<tAxI>

sweeet ! nice.

I guess it's gonna be laggy as creating vehicles every time someone passes nearby...Lol. Nice script BTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by [LSB
X_Cutter ]
I guess it's gonna be laggy as creating vehicles every time someone passes nearby...Lol. Nice script BTW
well i thought it might be but i dunno...i tried it with a script where i went past a bank of 12 bikes and they spawned with no lag or delay

i dunno what server load it causes etc but this is purely an experiment as i was curious about if it could be done...and heres the result lol

I'm a little worried that it only took an hour from concept to finished article though...theres probs some disastrous bug somewhere lurking in it till we think its safe to use then BAM! byebye server...lol

ill also say that that was pure speculation and im pretty sure this is bugfree...although im not notorious for my non-buggy 1st attempt scripting lol :P

EDIT:also actually its not if anyone is just passing by...if somebody passes the spawnpoint and another person also comes by at same time the vehicle will simply do nothing but sit there...if it has already spawned its not able to spawn again untill its either destroyed or nobody uses it and the players all go out of range at which oint it will deactivate untill someone comes within 100m of the point again

Omg dude you and your vehicle scripts lol, Nice one but man i can bearly use the limit now but i guess your filterscript will never get the limit reached

Does it works with GF?

i dont know...

never tried and probs never will as im not a great fan of the GF script...i know everyone says its great but its not the only bloody script out there ppl lol and besides the gf script probs creates and destroys vehicle at some points mid script as well which will mean theres a few random vhicles hanging around which won't be registered on the streaming system

ok look im not gonna waste anymore of my time trying to make my scripts work with GF or PEN1 as to be honest they are very good when used as they are but ppl keep trying to modify them...at which point u find that if u deviate from the designed script functions it screws it and the script gets tedious and annoyingly complicated

as i said...great code as it stands but for learning from or modding...absolutely useless, specially if u dont know a great deal about coding

ppl start small and work up...design ur own modes or use other modes as they stand at first, then when u get more advanced coding skills (the only way to learn is to do it, not just look at other scripts and change a few lines) u can start to make those more advanced scripts do ur every little whim or indeed just design ur own customised script :P

basically i would think that the GF script is probs compatible with this but i cant confirm or deny that...NOTE that as with all scripts ive made that ppl try to integrate with GF or PEN1, anything that makes reference to specific vehicle id's in the gf and pen1 scripts will have to be altered to run off of modelid's instead and if this doesnt suit ur uses then im fraid ur screwed for those wee bits of the code :P the reason for this is that because the vehicles are 100% dynamic in the FS then the vehicle id's are almost continuously changing

Ooh no! i need that script hard but my server crasht

Thanks alot tAxI!
I was going to make something like this after seeing Dynamic objects, but you beat me to it!

Thanks again!

did my script crash it?

I HAVE tested this with a few peeps and it works great but it was on an old version of lvdm with like 720 spawns...lol it worked perfectly so it may need to be hardcoded into any large gamemode to be entirely effective but i dunno

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNiPE
Thanks alot tAxI!
I was going to make something like this after seeing Dynamic objects, but you beat me to it!

Thanks again!
well dont let me doing it discourage u...i dont care if other ppl make similar scripts or indeed conceptually or virtually same code as long as its not stolen or ppl try to take credit for my code specifically...im fairly sure somebody can work out a better way of doing this than i have although my method would SEEM to be pretty much bugfree unless its crashing some GM's :S which i have yet to determine lol

EDIT: also im almost finished the modelid counter which will allow more than the default number of vehicle models (70)...I'll limit it to only about 65 diff models at any one time active to account for high memory usage of some of the bigger models which can lower the 70 limit and crash when u get close to it

EDIT: ok the streamer has been updated to only allow 65 vehicle types at any one time which means u can use over 70 vehicle types in ur GM however only 65 types of model can be active at any one time this is just a safety feature to make sure u cant exceed the memory usage if u suddenly wander into an area with some larger modelids

for me it does not work, the cars wont appear and your all-in-one streamer [inc] does not work too. maby i have done something wrong...

Same for me, just took an empty pwn file and added the FS to the server.cfg with around 190 cars, but when im ingame, the cars are nowhere to be seen!

Cya Later

Quote:

Same for me, just took an empty pwn file and added the FS to the server.cfg with around 190 cars, but when im ingame, the cars are nowhere to be seen!

Cya Later

me too

ok guys check out the all in one streamer to get the latest version of this...well u can do prett much anything with the all in one and the vehicles all work fine in it

wait so you can go over 70 vehicle model limit with this?

yeah...u could include all vehicle models in this...unless they are known to crash the servers...however ppl are having problems with this FS not working right sometime so its be better hardcoded into ur gm...which is why if u look at my sig, i would get the INC i made with all the commands in it...the vehicle commands are all fully functional as is the minimap...the object streamer aint working properly yet and the pickups aint finished but the vehicle system is much more advanced than this and supports unlimited vehicles and unlimited vehicle models for ur GM (effectively)

heres the link to the INC...Its much better

http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?topic=32289.0

nevermind...

Mhm, not working..
I made everything, but no cars in server.
What I made wrong?
http://pastebin.ca/757127
pls, help me...

I need this FS.

If you're using the include, the command is CreateStreamVehicle instead of AddStreamingVehicle. This is why all of you get all these errors. You also have to add the SPAWN DISTANCE at the end of your CreateStreamVehicle lines, after the colors.

you don't need a converter, you can do
"edit" -> "replace..." than enter AddStaticVehicle and AddStreamingVehicle