Which is best? [Buying a New Computer]

Well, hello. I am planning to purchase a new computer, I need something that can run Grand Theft Auto IV and Need for Speed Undercover... The computers I have now, well, the video and audio is really bad. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas even lags, which I have gotten used to. Anyways, my maximum is $600.00 USD, just so you know...

So, which one?

HP Pavilion Slimline s5370t series

HP G62t series

Dell Inspiron 580 Desktop

Dell Inspiron 560 Desktop

I don't really enjoy Dell's, but if I need to, I may get one. The HP's above, I already plan to add 40+ for a new graphics card, just something to get me started... If 1 or more of these aren't compatible with the games above, please let me know...

Regards,

RealCop228

I would go with either of the Dells. Coming from experience (from myself, my family, and lots of people at my school), HPs suck.

I use a Dell computer right now and I can safely say they're the best brand (in terms of support and reliabilty) we've ever had. We still have a Dell PC that's been running since 1999, mind you it has a few upgrades like RAM, OS, Video, but it probably hasn't been turned off in years.

i would go with dell too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Fallow / KevKo
I would go with either of the Dells. Coming from experience (from myself, my family, and lots of people at my school), HPs suck.

I use a Dell computer right now and I can safely say they're the best brand (in terms of support and reliabilty) we've ever had. We still have a Dell PC that's been running since 1999, mind you it has a few upgrades like RAM, OS, Video, but it probably hasn't been turned off in years.
Well, 1 year ago, I purchased a Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop, its not really something I would purchase again. It overheats, its built like shit, the damn thing falls apart (I take really good care of it)... I have had to replace the RAM 3 times, and the Hard Drive was bad after the warranty was up, it also overheats, but that's probably because of the pet hair in my house... I may take a look into some more reviews, but a lot of people I know like HP better. Anyways, thanks for the suggestion.

Dell all the way.

I've had my dell for 2 years now.

Hardly EVER turn it off, NEVER have reformatted it and it still runs like a beast!

I've just ordered a new Dell from the Dell website for my brother (will arrive on the 1st of June).

4GB ram, 500GB hard drive, triple core 2.9ghz proccessor, And a 512mb nvidia geforce something (forgot what). Ј469 with a 20 inch monitor too.

Great value and I know I can ring them up any time with the SMALL amount of problems I have and they will help me there and then over the phone whatever it is.

My PC has never had any serious issues, and i'm sure this one won't either.

All of my PC's (if I don't build them myself that is) will be Dell. Dell is the best brand and if you go to a stupid store like PC World they try to charge you Ј1500 for what Dell is charging Ј500 for on the website, so never buy from a PC shop.

I'm going to contrast with these gentlemen and tell you to go HP all the way. I have found Dells to be a load of overpriced shit. "Ooo look you can get a Dell Inspiron WITH FANCY COLOURS!!11!1!" Seriously if you're going to buy a storebought PC then go with the HPs. They're products are pretty damn reliable. My mum's laptop and my PC were manufactured by HP and they're both fucking immense.

I wouldnt recommend you a dell nor a HP, I usaly make my own PC.

But if I need to give my opninion I would tell you, NOT to buy a laptop. Seriously if you are trying to play high games I wouldn't recommend you to buy a lappie but buy a dekstop.

I don't have really experience with dell nor HP, I only have with alternate, acer and qmotion

Alternate = I buyed parts there to make my own pc, never had trouble with it runs like a beast.

Acer = Not really using the pc, (its my dads pc) but the computer it self runs very good.

QMotion = Had that one years ago, worked pretty well.

Hope I helped you, for a bit.

Sincerly,

Jeroen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playbox12
I wouldnt recommend you a dell nor a HP, I usaly make my own PC.

But if I need to give my opninion I would tell you, NOT to buy a laptop. Seriously if you are trying to play high games I wouldn't recommend you to buy a lappie but buy a dekstop.

I don't have really experience with dell nor HP, I only have with alternate, acer and qmotion

Alternate = I buyed parts there to make my own pc, never had trouble with it runs like a beast.

Acer = Not really using the pc, (its my dads pc) but the computer it self runs very good.

QMotion = Had that one years ago, worked pretty well.

Hope I helped you, for a bit.

Sincerly,

Jeroen.
Well, I was going to. However, the prices to build your own PC would be more expensive, it sucks, but its life. I may be able to tough, I will just need to make enough money. Usually, I can build a high-end PC for about $750.00 USD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkers
I'm going to contrast with these gentlemen and tell you to go HP all the way. I have found Dells to be a load of overpriced shit. "Ooo look you can get a Dell Inspiron WITH FANCY COLOURS!!11!1!" Seriously if you're going to buy a storebought PC then go with the HPs. They're products are pretty damn reliable. My mum's laptop and my PC were manufactured by HP and they're both fucking immense.
You have a point, I have noticed that. I don't really need a colored PC, but I don't think they charge you but an extra $5.00 USD for the color, I could be wrong.

Well, I may look more into Dell, they have some good prices and deals at the moment. Just to be sure, having an Intel Core i3 processor, 4GB RAM and a 512MB graphics card, I can play Grand Theft Auto IV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkers

I've got 12 dells in my house, ranging from the year 2000 up until recently. They all work. I've been through 5 HP's, they havent lasted more than a year.