Could it have been official?

Well, for some folks like me for example, look back over the years and say, "WOW, SA:MP was some epic shit at times", and then you get the thought, SA:MP was so popular, maybe less now with GTA IV, and new generation games coming out, but still, was Kye as the project leader ever approached by R* about this project? Maybe taking it's hands and helping out a bit, I really do think they would have gained some reputation, because in my opinion, Kye and the team working on this mod have AT LEAST boosted up GTA San Andreas sales by 70%(my opinion)

Quite extraordinary to look back at such a great mod and think, it really could have been some real shit

SAMP has reached record numbers recently, Less Popular? I think not. Although we've lost quite a few competent people.

SA:MP is more popular than ever, GTA:IV didn't efect it a bit, people played GTA:IV but they eventualy returned to SA:MP

id sure like to see where you people are getting your 'Stats' from ?

Downloads, hell..ive downloaded over 22 times, not to mention, im using a remote connect through a download link via getfile .... ( Yeah i admit to stream Hot linking )....
Point being, the stats would be inaccurate the moment someone downloaded more then 1 time...

Forum Registration ? ... we all know damn well, that there are thousands of people that jsut recreated accounts.

So where are we getting these 'Stats' from ?

SA:MP homepage, the players online regulary passes 15k at the same time and everyday that number raises a bit.

http://www.xfire.com/cms/stats/

http://www.xfire.com/games/gtasa/Gra...o_San_Andreas/

6,363 per day average for GTA

Im going to guess the not even 1/3 of SAMP PLAYERS use Xfire.

SA-MP must have boosted sales. They did for me anyway. I heard of SA-MP and went right out to by the PC version seeing I had the xBOX version. So, IMO. It did.

im sorry but BOOOO for Consoles !!!

Each 2 years, Console prices increase on average of 100.00 USD
GAME PRICES for Consoles increase $10.00 USD Per 2 Years

Onse a Console has been Replaced but its 'Upgraded Version' Games are no longer produced for said Console..thus, a Console with latest games lasts no longer then 3 years. and EVERY $ invested no long has a payout.

A PC on the Other hand, on Average runs a 'Decade' with continual support for the same amount of time.
Seems like PC > Console on ratio of investment.