Rockstar Advanced Game Engine. Advice

Hey i thought this would be a great place to ask as the work you have done on SAMP is amazing and helped me detox of world of warcraft in 2007 via long SAMP sessions haha!

So i live in Australia and our Main developer here is Team Bondie who are currently working on L.A Norie using the GTA4 engine or (Rockstar advanced game engine)RAGE for short.

Ive finished my grad degree in Architecture and now want to head into my hoped career in Game Design / interface design / Control Design in video games.

I have a strong Graphic skill set but i think if i want to work on interface/controls ill need to develop a understanding of programming / editing game inputs etc (which i already have some knowledge).

So my question is what would be the best way to go about modding the controller inputs for GTA4 engine. (ill learn using PC i guess) .. what programing language does Rockstar Advanced Game Engine use? and would it be possible to edit a retail release to customize ui controls etc.. to be able to display to Team Bondie if they ever have a Ui mod /desginer job opening open (assuming they stick with GTA4 engine for next game or 2).

Any way sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but im sure some of you are enthusiasts on this subject and ive been having trouble finding out information/guidance on this.

Thanks and keep up the SAMP its great!..

Source>
http://www.teambondi.com/projects/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocksta...ed_Game_Engine

SA:MP basically hooks over the GTA code, it doesn't modify any (as far as I know), but it overloads some GTA functions, allowing GTA to run with the SA:MP engine. As far as I know SA:MP was constructed with C++ and assembly.

Anywho, Rockstar don't allow their games to be modified as far as I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddo [BINMAN
]
SA:MP basically hooks over the GTA code, it doesn't modify any (as far as I know), but it overloads some GTA functions, allowing GTA to run with the SA:MP engine. As far as I know SA:MP was constructed with C++ and assembly.

Anywho, Rockstar don't allow their games to be modified as far as I know.
Modding GTA SA is legal, but using mods that will allow you to play without CD/DVD are forbidden.