MySQL Help!

Im a sort of beginner at MySQL,

Anyway im using StrickenKid's MySQL plugin,
I have this ( My friend gave me it ) to for a register:

pawn Код:
CMD:test1(playerid, params[])
{
    new string[256];
    format(string,sizeof(string),"INSERT INTO `users` (`username`, `password`) VALUES ('%s', '%s')", GetName(playerid), params);
    mysql_query(string);
    return 1;
}
And ingame when i type that command, It sends this to my server console:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Server Console
MySQL Error <0>: Function 'mysql_query' called when not connected to any database, Access denied for user 'root'@'password' <using password: YES>
But when i loaded the FS it successfully connected to mysql

Well Torran, i am stumped.....shit i used to know SQL too, but then i starting scripting roleplay's and i stoped using SQL and now i suck at it. Sorry i couldn't help

:/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven82
Well Torran, i am stumped.....shit i used to know SQL too, but then i starting scripting roleplay's and i stoped using SQL and now i suck at it. Sorry i couldn't help

Lol? Anyway if anyone knows why it says it successfully connects upon gamemode init and then when someone tries to register it says it cannot connect

Ask in plugin's topic. And read some articles about SQL injection because your command is just made for that.

before running the query check if you are still connected to the database.

Код:
{
	if (mysql_ping())
	{
		new string[256];
		format(string,sizeof(string),"INSERT INTO `users` (`username`, `password`) VALUES ('%s', '%s')", GetName(playerid), params);
		mysql_query(string);

SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFFFFFFFF, "Connected and query success!");
	}
	else
	{
	  SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFFFFFFFF, "You are not connected to the database!");
	}
	return 1;
}

This is very confusing as i tried again and it says it connects successfully and then when i type the command it says it cant do mysql_whatever because im not connected to a database!

You can quickly fix it by using functions with each query that will check if you are connected still.

Код:
stock MySQL()
{
	if (!mysql_ping())
	{
	  print("Reconnecting to database.");
	  mysql_connect(hostname, username, database, password); 
	  MySQL(); // this will just execute the function to check again.
	}
}
Код:
{
	MySQL();
	new string[256];
	mysql_query(string);
	return 1;
}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven82

Omg you such a spamer i been seen many post about you know Php html and now SQL and presume your a god at it but cant help at all?
you earned your report

Ok so i finally got the hang of MySQL, After all this i ended up using Adrenaline DJ's plugin/include :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Torran C
Ok so i finally got the hang of MySQL, After all this i ended up using Adrenaline DJ's plugin/include :P
You fell really low.