Router dead - Help needed

Hello,

I tried upgrading my router to v2 (DSL 504T), but while updating, it crashes and showed me a "EAccess Violation" error. Now my router is completely broke and even the ADSL light doesn't light up.

I've tried everything on the dlink site.. Only firmware I could find was v2 AU, if anyone can find the EU version (v2 or v1), please link me.

I can't use .BIN files since I can't even access my router (192.168.*.1 doesn't work). I'd need an exe. If there's any way to get back to the original firmware or something, please reply.

I'd like to get back to my original firmware.

Matthias

Reset it to factory defaults

I don't really get how. There's a reset thingy on the back, but I can't press it. How do I do it then?

EDIT:

http://www.howtonetworking.com/Routers/resetdlink1.htm

So I need to use the paper clip to get into the hole thingy, and then press it for 5 seconds?

I searched on ******, the error means something with firewall not being off I think.

Disabled Windows Firewall, Antivirus, booted in Safe modus, admin rights, compability modus, I even tried on 2 other PCs (current one is Windows 7, other one is Vista, other one is XP)

The error:

I think you should try to reset it

Just a suggestion, NEVER upgrade firmware over a wireless connection.

Golden Rule: If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessEcko
Golden Rule: If it ain't broke don't fix it.

+1 on that. I never update things like routers, hardware, etc. As long as it works perfect, it is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias_
I don't really get how. There's a reset thingy on the back, but I can't press it. How do I do it then?

EDIT:

http://www.howtonetworking.com/Routers/resetdlink1.htm

So I need to use the paper clip to get into the hole thingy, and then press it for 5 seconds?
yes on the edit That will reset it to factory defaults

I tried resetting, didn't get the firmware back.
I didn't update it over a wireless.
It was broke, it reset itself every 30 seconds.
Nothing helped > called someone > he put a new router, works again.

Thanks for the help though.