[Question] Best MYSql plugin?

Hello,

I have just made a script over the past few weeks but because of dodgey Mysql plugins i have had to just get rid of it because the plugin i was originally using stopped working once i moved PC, and once i edited script to a new plugin i ran into a load of problems because some functions i used wasnt on the new plugin...so i am pretty annoyed...

Well, i am going to start a new GM (new idea, more of a original idea this time ) and i am going to attempt to use mysql again but hopfully with no problems...So does anyone know what the best mysql plugin there is? that wont run into any problems down the road?? I really cant be assed with buggy plugins anymore...

-Thanks

Use the one from G-StylezZz, it has the best support and updates frequently. Is based on a good module and in general is efficiently done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NT
Extremo ]
Use the one from G-StylezZz, it has the best support and updates frequently. Is based on a good module and in general is efficiently done.
the VS10 version is getting a .dll error and the VS9 verion wont load the plugin..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDarren (DarrenReeder)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NT
Extremo ]
the VS10 version is getting a .dll error and the VS9 verion wont load the plugin..
VS9 is for XP users, VS 10 is for Vista and 7 I think. If the plugin doesn't load, make sure you have the very latest Net Framework.

Either G-Stylezz's or Ethan's plugin. The one made by Ethan is a bit more functional.

...So does anyone know what the best mysql plugin there is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lehua011
Unless you want to dl a plugin and use it, the best is still the one you make yourself. So, if you wish to dl one, I would have a bet on G-StyleZzZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NT
Extremo ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lehua011
Unless you want to dl a plugin and use it, the best is still the one you make yourself. So, if you wish to dl one, I would have a bet on G-StyleZzZ
I wouldn't say the best one is the one you make yourself. If you don't have long term experience with such a thing it absolutely can't be good at all.

That's obviously right. Not that I would in anyway disagree. Still the best MySQL plugin remains the one you made yourself. You will learn a lot about MySQL and you can start customizing it the way you want it. It would be utterly retarded to copy one while you could make one yourself if you have the experience. In fact, I wouldn't even call it a disgrace if you had no experienced and tried it. The best way is to learn and learn and learn. Sure this is sa-mp and a scripting community. But we have some programmers out here as well(like me lol) and to be honest, the best way to learn something is to start doing something you cannot.

For obvious reasons I would say you shouldn't bother creating one yourself if you don't even understand pawn yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NT
Extremo ]
That's obviously right. Not that I would in anyway disagree. Still the best MySQL plugin remains the one you made yourself. You will learn a lot about MySQL and you can start customizing it the way you want it. It would be utterly retarded to copy one while you could make one yourself if you have the experience. In fact, I wouldn't even call it a disgrace if you had no experienced and tried it. The best way is to learn and learn and learn. Sure this is sa-mp and a scripting community. But we have some programmers out here as well(like me lol) and to be honest, the best way to learn something is to start doing something you cannot.

For obvious reasons I would say you shouldn't bother creating one yourself if you don't even understand pawn yet.
I understand Pawn Very well. I understand a lot of Web design languages, and i understand Java (Not a expert...but i learnt quite a bit of internet :S obviously i cant learn too much because the internet is limited to how much i can learn)...

I want to learn C so i can make my own plugins but i cannot afford a book to learn C/C++

P.S. which languages do i need to create plugnis? C and C++ or just One of them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDarren (DarrenReeder)
I want to learn C so i can make my own plugins but i cannot afford a book to learn C/C++

P.S. which languages do i need to create plugnis? C and C++ or just One of them?
You don't need a book to learn C/C++. There is an insane amount of material online for learning this. Learn C++. Stepping over to C has a slight curve to it but not much.

As for the topic of this thread - I use gstylez but have been experiencing a very bizarre lockup during high cpu use and INSERTs. It is extremely rare in its' occurence, though, it happens. Adding in defines right now to switch between gstylez and stricken's. Stricken's looks very promising.