Host a server on a ipod touch?

Hey,

Is it possible to host a SA:MP server on a iPod Touch with the Linux package? (jailbroken ipid maybe)?

Regards, Jochem

Programing a App for that than can you hosting with the iPod Touch ^^

That would be awesome, but Ipod touch always on = not awesome :/

Would need charging alot

Well, charge alot then? But it would be great for homehosts. To bad I can't program apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochemd
Is it possible to host a SA:MP server on a iPod Touch with the Linux package? (jailbroken ipid maybe)?
No, the SA-MP server isn't compiled for iPhone OS or the ARM processor, as far as I know.

You can try, if you want, but you would indeed need a jailbroken iPhone/iPod touch and follow the Linux server setup guide. (I tried and it didn't work, so I'm guessing something like what I said above is true)
I'm 99.9% certain that you couldn't create an App for it.

You can host at least 60,000 slots on it, you should start your own host on a cluster of iPod touches and then sell 500 slots at 2 euro/month, it'll be awesome!
It's processor of 412 MHz and 128 MB of RAM will easily host such amount of servers with huge profits!
Don't forget to hijack the WiFi of your neighbor for the best connectivity, lowest pings and 100% uptime!

No, seriously, what are you thinking?
People made datacenters and servers for hosting things, not iPod touches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woet
You can host at least 60,000 slots on it, you should start your own host on a cluster of iPod touches and then sell 500 slots at 2 euro/month, it'll be awesome!
It's processor of 412 MHz and 128 MB of RAM will easily host such amount of servers with huge profits!
Don't forget to hijack the WiFi of your neighbor for the best connectivity, lowest pings and 100% uptime!

No, seriously, what are you thinking?
People made datacenters and servers for hosting things, not iPod touches.
Oh come on, all he wants to do is, to be able to touch his server, why do you want to take that away from him

If I want to touch my server I'll use Remote Desktop :/.