Little Suggestions for SA:MP 0.3

Sup Guys, ive been playing SA:MP since 0.1b, And i like how the SA:MP Devs did an extremely good Job making a Multiplayer Application to play GTA:SA online, but lets get to the Suggestions Shall We?:

First Suggestion: Weapon Skills (Gun Skills):

I will like to see the editing and customizable things of the Weapon Skills, Like having One Pistol instead of the Hitman SKill of having Two Pistols. Like that, For Example, an RP Server, Can have all the diffrent weapons of GTA:SA and have more weapons in it. It will be Really Cool.

Second Suggestion: Fighting Style:

The Fighting Styles will be nice if it was Synced on SA:MP. Like you can have the Karate Fighting Style, and kick the living shit out of your rivals in game xD. It will be nice to have all the fighting styles on SA:MP instead of having that default fighting style of CJ -.- .

Third Suggestion: Police Maverick Ropes:

In Single Player, when you have a 4-5 star wanted level, and when the Police Maverick Comes and Stalls for a bit, You will see black ropes coming down from the passenger doors of the Maverick. Once the Ropes have been dropped, the SWAT rains down packing Heat and just shooting you. Imagine if that Feature was in SA:MP. It will be cool for RP Servers to Have it so the Police can do Raids and other nice Stuff.

I hope these suggestions will be in SA:MP. If Not, well.... Thanks for at least reading my Suggestion.

And Yes, I am a Roleplayer on SA:MP..

To add more to Suggestion 3, they should make an AttachObjectToVehicle or AttachObjectToPlayerVehicle function (or both) that would let you attach any object to a vehicle with the offsets for x, y and z like AttachObjectToPlayer, so that you could make your own car mods or try to re-create the MTAM Interstate 69 gamemode or whatever else that you can think of.

Also, instead of making another topic about suggestions for SA-MP 0.3, I'll post some of mine in this topic.

Suggestion 1:
SetPlayerWeaponSkillLevel and SetWeaponSkillLevel: Would allow you to set the weapon skill level for the players weapon or for all players weapons so that you could have duel miniguns or a single sawn-off shotgun if you wanted. I know this suggestion is very similar or in fact the same as pLaTaNo first suggestion, but I thought that I should post it anyway.
pawn Code:
native SetPlayerWeaponSkillLevel(playerid, weaponid, skillid);
native SetWeaponSkillLevel(weaponid, skillid);
Suggestion 2:
AttachPlayerObjectToObject and AttachObjectToObject: Would allow you to attach a players object or a global object seen by all players, to another global object so that you could make a ship or something and then move just the main ship object without having to move all the rest of them at the same time. This has already been done on MTAM and there is a video showing a ship that they made and then sunk using AttachObjectToObject with MoveObject to move the main ship object without having to move every object on the ship.
pawn Code:
native AttachPlayerObjectToObject(objectplayer, objectid, attachobjectid, Float:OffsetX, Float:OffsetY, Float:OffsetZ, Float:rX, Float:rY, Float:rZ);
native AttachObjectToObject(objectid, attachobjectid, Float:OffsetX, Float:OffsetY, Float:OffsetZ, Float:rX, Float:rY, Float:rZ);
Suggestion 3:
FireRocketFromVehicle: Would allow you to fire a rocket from a vehicle with the offset x, y and z you set so that you could make a vehicle that cant fire rockets, be able to fire rockets, or so that you could make a hydra or a rhino be able to fire more rockets at once from the place they come from or in a cluster. An example of this function would be the MTAM Interstate 69 gamemode which can be seen by watching the video about it on *******. Although, I don't know if they used a function like this or if they just used pieces of code to create the rocket firing effect.
pawn Code:
native FireRocketFromVehicle(vehicleid, mode, Float:OffsetX, Float:OffsetY, Float:OffsetZ);
Note: I also think that a mode would be a nice addition to a function like this so that you could chose if you want a normal rocket that goes straight or a heat-seeking rocket.

I had some other suggestions but I forgot what they were, so I'll add them to this post if I can remember them. But these are function suggestions that I think people might like if they were on SA-MP 0.3 as they might be very useful.

EDIT: I updated each of my Suggestions to include what I think the natives for the functions would look like and I also added another part to my 3rd Suggestion.

They should sticky this topic, and let people post there ideas.. i think there are lots of people with really good ideas and it would encourage the devs to work on the next sa-mp version <3

pawn Code:
AllowAllWeaponsDriveBy(toggle);
- would be so funny to drive by with a minigun, and make some kinda cool gamemode out of it

pawn Code:
OnObjectDestroyed(objectid);
Or something, to make weapon training mods (shoot bottle's^)

* Abbility to hold a sigaret in youre hand
* Change clothes
* Being able to set the one with the highest score on top at tab
* Instead of disabling all interior enters/exits able to disable one by one, for example if you want only ammu's to be closed, disable them
* YA! just like in Counter Strike, probarly not possible but would be cool, being able to spray youre own picture on the wall!
* Fix bomb shops

hm ye thats all for now

Things I've stated before:

*Hide HUD (F10 I think) a toggle so filmers don't need to hold it down while playing and filming at same time.

*Any hostnames (not numerical IPs) entered into favorites tab should attempt to resolve to IP whenever the favorites tab is loaded. Currently it resolves once its entered and remembers the numerical IP. This would benefit people with dynamic IPs who want to link people to their server via static hostname

*Ability to see colored numbers (corresponding to player's ID) instead of the typical triangles. I'm not saying REPLACE the icons, just give people the ability to to show numbers instead. This could be through either scripting for mode authors, or a client-side toggle.

On that note:

PLEASE make SetPlayerDisabledWeapons work.

Also...a SetPlayerGravity(playerid, gravity) would be nice as well.

Synced tear gas wouldn't be too bad. More ideas posted as I think of them :P.

synced det-packs!

Why should this thread be stickied, why not the other hundreds of suggestion threads of which include 1 or 2 being created everyday?! Infact going by what i have just said, this thread shouldn't even exist!

Better virtual worlds
Objects, weather and gravity to be set by virtual world so they are really virtual.

Car streaming improvement
Current car streaming overloads the client memory.

Textdrawbox
A regular display and hiding of textdrawboxes causes clients crashes.

Cutscene playing
In order to load/unload a player to custom interiors there is a transition time. In the single payer this is solved by playing a small cutscene (entering door etc) Would be nice to have this to transport players to high custom places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow
Cutscene playing
In order to load/unload a player to custom interiors there is a transition time. In the single payer this is solved by playing a small cutscene (entering door etc) Would be nice to have this to transport players to high custom places.
Well there really is no such thing as a custom interior. All interiors are the same its not like you make your own.

I noticed this cut scene when changing interiors happens sometimes....

Here are my scripting suggestions:
- Set/get the chat window x and y offset
- Set/get the maximum number of viewable chat lines
- native GetPlayerPosFindZ(playerid, &Float, &Float:y, &Float:z);

It would be nice if someone could collate all the suggestions and keep in the first post. If someone has posted a lot of detail just summarise the suggestion and then add a link to their actual post. Most threads like this die simply because people start repeating themselves and/or people spam away debating why a suggestion is good/bad or possible/impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [KFC
Pixels^ ]
Quote:

SetDrivebyWeapons(...)

Not possible, GTA sets which weapons can be used for driveby.

Quote:

SetPlayerGravity(playerid, gravity)

Gravity can only be set for everything as a whole in GTA.

Quote:

Not possible, skills can only be set for the player and not weapon as a whole. I think SA:MP uses actors and not players.
So it means you can use for drive by only tec9, uzi, deagle and shotgun? Oh and would be cool to shoot from heli like in some missions you can do it. 1st person camera view.

My suggestion: Better object sync:

i) The slippery running effect on objects fixed.
ii) Running against object acting as if you are sticking to them fixed.
iii) Breakable objects such as boxes, lamp posts, windows etc refresh like native objects when you leave the area.
iv) Setting an object to an interior like in single player.
v) Objects that have a special feature in single player also load with it in SA:MP (Vending machines, spike strips, etc).
iv) Name tags showing throw customally added objects fixed.
iiv) When adding a checkpoint to an object then the corona is placed correctly and not above where it should be. This also happens with non-solid native objects and basically in the middle of the air. Basically anywhere that isn't on a solid native object, the corona wont show where the checkpoint is.
iiiv) Detecting object collision when using MoveObject.
ix) Certain natively (not necessarily native in single player) added objects to be removed, see more in this this thread.
x) AttachObjectToVehicle, DetachObjectFromVehicle, AttachPlayerObjectToVehicle, DetachPlayerObjectFromVehicle.
xi) Allow ped and vehicle models to be used with CreateObject just for show. Using ped models with CreateObect would be good for rp as in behind bars, shops etc and even for DM to use as a target and MoveObject could make them look slightly like civillians. As for vehicles, i dunno, i suppose having a non-usable vehicle around could have its uses in certain situations :/.

Anyway they are my object ideas/suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [KFC
Pixels^ ]
Quote:

Not possible, skills can only be set for the player and not weapon as a whole. I think SA:MP uses actors and not players.
Thats wrong, in single player you earn skill in each specific weapon.

There are some fat whore models. Or i have even seen weather ids that make you look fat, like you would look in the "Hall of Mirrors" type place.

Another suggestion for 0.3 is for all sound IDs to work with PlayerPlaySound. Atm there are only about 100 out of about 30,000 that will produce any sound at all.

And maybe a GetPlayerPosFindZ instead of having to use SetPlayerPosFindZ then using GetPlayerPos then restoring the old pos before you set it to the new Z.

SetPlayerSpeed and GetPlayerSpeed would also be good, even just GetPlayerSpeed would be good enough as it would make speed-o-meters a whole lot more accurate as all i use are the native float functions and GetVehiclePos and detect the distance a player has moved which then works out the speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersouse
This is a longshot, and I'm sure it would be hard as hell to implement....but how about the ability to get the distance from player to ground?
I think that a GetPlayerPosFindZ would make this possible, as you could use that to find the Z of the ground below the player, then get the players Z position and then do calculations to find the height/distance of the player to the ground. Although, I think this is already possible on SA-MP, but not as reliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckzyBoi
And maybe a GetPlayerPosFindZ instead of having to use SetPlayerPosFindZ then using GetPlayerPos then restoring the old pos before you set it to the new Z.

But the ground itself has varying Z values (not always 0.0) so how would you calculate the distance from player 1 (who for this experiment is in a plane) to the actual ground? I'm trying to figure out how you could script something to figure out that distance without a second player on the ground providing reference. (I hope that made sense)

@BeckzyBoi: the "slippery running" on objects and such cant be fixed is a GTA issue

My suggestion:
Disable the jump and sprint key while entering to vehicles (this fixes the killing-on-car-jacking bug)

AttachVehicleToObject
AttachVehicleToPlayerObject
AttachObjectToVehicle
AttachPlayerObjectToVehicle
AttachPlayerToObject
AttachPlayerToPlayerObject

Helicopter Magnet

own Object Streaming.. So its easier to create streamed gates.. cause if they are moved for someone you have to save it and it has to be recreated at that position where it was .. so complicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersouse
But the ground itself has varying Z values (not always 0.0) so how would you calculate the distance from player 1 (who for this experiment is in a plane) to the actual ground? I'm trying to figure out how you could script something to figure out that distance without a second player on the ground providing reference. (I hope that made sense)
Position in the air-Position on the ground?

Surely you have at some point in your life done subtraction?..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jony.
@BeckzyBoi: the "slippery running" on objects and such cant be fixed is a GTA issue
How at all can that be true? If it was a GTA issue then the objects natively added would give the same effect. But as they don't then surely it is possible to stop new objects added from doing the same..