TextDraw's are showing the same for everyone?

hello, i am trying to make some textdraws that show the players stats (Gun materials to be exact..) and it shows in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. however the problem i have run into is that it shows the same information for everyone...anyone think they can help out? this is my code..

http://pastebin.com/4cE5Uxr2

Because they're global. You have to make them for every player (new Example[MAX_PLAYERS]; ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderPork
Because they're global. You have to make them for every player (new Example[MAX_PLAYERS]; ).
Yes i tried that but it doesnt let me use

new Text:textdraw[MAX_PLAYERS]; but then i dont know what to put with ongamemodeinit?

It's because you're using the same textdraw-variable for everyone.

pawn Код:
/* textdraw-variable */
Text:myTextdraw[MAX_PLAYERS];
pawn Код:
/* show player textdraw to the player */
TextDrawShowForPlayer(playerid, myTextdraw[playerid]);
Create it at OnPlayerConnect:
pawn Код:
/* create player textdraw */
myTextdraw[playerid] = TextDrawCreate(437.000000, 248.000000, "My Textdraw");
Destroy it at OnPlayerDisconnect:
pawn Код:
/* destroy player textdraw */
TextDrawDestroy(playerid, myTextdraw[playerid]);

Yeah that will show for player only

aha, i can create it for onplayerconnect...didnt realise, on samp wiki it said to create it at ongamemodeinit... (thats why i had problems with the [MAX_PLAYERS] thing)..

Thanks,

P.S.
this is my first time using textdraws

Your welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenReeder - LSR:GTA, Owner
aha, i can create it for onplayerconnect...didnt realise, on samp wiki it said to create it at ongamemodeinit... (thats why i had problems with the [MAX_PLAYERS] thing)..
That is correct if you are creating a textdraw for everyone, like a textdraw with link of your website (www.mywebsite.com), but in player case you should use OnPlayerConnect.

You could use a loop for MAX_PLAYERS or GetMaxPlayers() and create all textdraws at once in OnGameModeInit, but that isn't a good idea. It's best if you create it at OnPlayerConnect and destroy it at OnPlayerDisconnect.

And if you dont destroy textdraw on OnPlayerDisconnect other player may get affected by that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrarod
And if you dont destroy textdraw on OnPlayerDisconnect other player may get affected by that
You'll exceed sa:mp textdraw limit in that case, which is 2048 textdraws.