segmentation fault problem

I read the other topic concerning the same problem, however despite what kye said, this time it is not caused my poor scripting for a simple reason:

I uploaded two "virgin" copies of the samp server. I tried both with R4 and R7. Nothing, it keeps telling me "segmentation fault" and dumps the core. What are the other possible explanations for this? If someone is willing to help me i can send the core dump.

All of this happens on a linux ubuntu server of course...

What did you use to upload the file, and what mode? I see this error alot when people upload the server package in ASCII mode via FTP, uploading in binary mode(i mean the tarball) or downloading it straight on your server usually fixes it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLinx
What did you use to upload the file, and what mode? I see this error alot when people upload the server package in ASCII mode via FTP, uploading in binary mode(i mean the tarball) or downloading it straight on your server usually fixes it.
Thanks i'll try that, since the last time i downloaded that by lynx and it worked, this is probably what i did wrong. Thank you.