RROD (X-Clamp fix)

Okey, i have just got 2 Xbox's off ebay for Ј10, And they both have RROD (3 Lights) (I already have one but SHUSH! :3)

I have managed to get them down to 2 Light's. Microsoft say 2 lights means it's overheating and to let it cool down (Well mine has been off for 6 hours.) But they say if that don't work then send it into them for Ј110.

Fuck that!.

Warranty has gone anyway

the solving is to fix the X-Clamp by removing it and getting screws.

Now there are alot of tutorials out there about other fixes e.g. Wrap your Xbox360 in a towel, But that is Bull----.

Apart from that, i found screws that can fit, The correct 2mm distance between the Mobo (By using washers) Not Nylon because they expand with heat.

Using a Spring washer (To keep the pressure on the Heat sink)
Then a Steel washer (1mm) to raise it from the MOBO

Then correct length and size screws to fit.

Now, i think this may have a chance because the heatsink supposedly has a gap because the X-Clamp don't hold enough pressure on it.

The screws would hold it on tighter, just now the heatsink is quite loose and wobbly.

Now i just wait till Wed till the screws get here.

I also put new thermal paste on :0

Have you ever done this before?

I dont know much about Xbox's but I've heard RROD is a bitch on several occasions.

If your getting an overheating error wouldnt it make more sense to just attach a bigass fan to the side of the xbox? J/K heh

My xbox had RRoD, I put it on for 15 minutes, turned it off, let it be for 5 minutes and it worked again.
Has been working for 2 months so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaW
My xbox had RRoD, I put it on for 15 minutes, turned it off, let it be for 5 minutes and it worked again.
Has been working for 2 months so far.
Not possible since i have 2 red light's the fans turn off and that will burn out the Xbox.

Ј110? Microsoft fix xbox's for free aslong as there still under warranty.

You could "acquire" a warranty sticker off ebay to stick it on your "wall" if you want, they aren't to expensive.

My xbox 360 suffered a hard ware failure after the warranty ended, so I had to pay $100 USD to send it to microsoft. It's been weeks and still no xbox back D:

My friend actually fixed his RROD by overheating his xbox, and then letting it cool for about an hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemomma53
My xbox 360 suffered a hard ware failure after the warranty ended, so I had to pay $100 USD to send it to microsoft. It's been weeks and still no xbox back D:

My friend actually fixed his RROD by overheating his xbox, and then letting it cool for about an hour.
It's all to do with circuits breaking, but i assume that he heated it so much they melted back into place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn [BINMAN
]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemomma53

It's all to do with circuits breaking, but i assume that he heated it so much they melted back into place.
That's the whole idea, Since the circuit is broke, they want to overheat it to "ReBall" it.

Same goes for replacing the X-Clamp it saves overheating and damaging your xbox (It holds it tighter)

Been in contact with cd24-7, if you don't know who they are they are a console repair company.

They recommended me sending my console in for Ј50 and they Reball everything, But i want to do it myself, so he recommended the Hot air gun, Which reballs it, But i would also need Flux, which that means that is out the window.

Finally there is the Whisper package, which includes the new Whisper fan, and instruction manual on Reballing etc.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/XBOX-360-X-Clamp-...item45f1b8ff8e