Windows 98 freezes at installation? :/

Hi, my uncle gave me his old computer, but when i turned it on, nothing was showing on monitor.I have also tryed to change graphic card but no change, then i found out that 1 old motherboard that i have for long time is the same type (maybe a little better ) so i changed motherboard
When i turned it on, it started booting from Hard disk (with windows 2000 installed) but in middle of loading i received blue screen... i think that is normal after motherboard change
I have inserted CD with windows 98 and booted from it, it formatted my HDD and then checked it with scandisk xD and started GUI part of installation...

But from this part it started to freeze, sooner or later computer halted and i had to restart it
when i choosed to start computer with CD ROM support from win 98 CD i tryed some 2D games and they worked, but SU 27 Flanker was freezing(this: )

what is wrong with it? just tell me what and i will get new graphics etc...
(It is Intel pentium III 733 MHZ processor and 256 MB RAM, 64 MB graphics)

There is a PC Questions Thread.

http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?topic=153667.0

nvm this post

Go to the BIOS, look for a setting named something like "Boot Sector Virus Protection", if it's turned on turn it off and try installing Windows again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMX
Go to the BIOS, look for a setting named something like "Boot Sector Virus Protection", if it's turned on turn it off and try installing Windows again.
YES! i remember that something like it was there! thanks i will try

If this fixes the issue it's safe to turn it back on once you're done with the installation.
The only thing that setting does when it's turned on is write protect the master boot record and when you need to install Windows it needs to write to it so the setting needs to be disabled.

aaaah it won't help then, because SU 27 Flanker is not writing master boot record

That might crash because of something else.
Does the Windows installation always crash at the same point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMX
That might crash because of something else.
Does the Windows installation always crash at the same point?
No, sometimes i can set directory where to install it, sometimes i can't even move mouse cursor
But dos works good xcopy and that stuff

Dont use windows 98.. It will brake evrey week or so