SA-MP Crashes upon clicking start

Hiya,
Thought I would bring the problem here.
Whenever I click the green start button (At the top left corner), I will get a "gta_sa.exe has stopped working.." message.
So, here is what I have/use/etc
SA-MP: 0.3a
GFX Card: Nvidia 6150SE
Server: 174.36.235.156:5100
I don't really have an error log, I haven't installed any new mods, my game is 1.0 US, I freshly re-installed it.

I don't know why it is crashing/not starting, but I've used it in the past successfully, I do not know why now is so different
Here is a picture of what pops up.

Thanks,
Spartan

Ive had a problem like this before, If you are running Vista Aero (The theme) [Makes the window edges transparent] - Then Disable it. I found that paired with GTA's graphic propertys causes it to FAIL with SA:MP running!

If that doesnt work idk, it worked for me

Have you downgraded to version 1.0 of GTA:SA?

Yes, It's 1.0 US.

I have a similar problem.With mine it tries to go into the game,gives me a black screen so I open task manager but when i end the process it freezes my whole computer up

Ah. I know, you both need to update your video drivers. This is very important and after awhile can potentially harm your computer. I suggest you update... If you do not know how, contact your GPU's tech support team, they would be happy to help you. Best of luck to ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPTechStudios
Ah. I know, you both need to update your video drivers. This is very important and after awhile can potentially harm your computer. I suggest you update... If you do not know how, contact your GPU's tech support team, they would be happy to help you. Best of luck to ya.
Yea I forgot to say for some reason if I uninstall the game and install it again it works but then I play for a bit it randomly black screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postalityjr
Quote:
Yea I forgot to say for some reason if I uninstall the game and install it again it works but then I play for a bit it randomly black screens
Yeah. Sounds like a video driver problem... Install the latest and you shouldn't have any more problems...

1. Upgrade video drivers
2. Set gta_sa.exe to start up as windows 2000 by right clicking it and going to properties than compatibility.
3. Reinstall it
4. Run it as an admin?
5. Can try deleting your gta_sa.set, sometimes i keep crashing or my screen goes black once i delete it, it fixes the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr187
1. Upgrade video drivers
2. Set gta_sa.exe to start up as windows 2000 by right clicking it and going to properties than compatibility.
3. Reinstall it
4. Run it as an admin?
5. Can try deleting your gta_sa.set, sometimes i keep crashing or my screen goes black once i delete it, it fixes the problem.
1. Yes.
2. No! You do not need to do that, it never solves anything...
3. No... Upgrade your video drivers.
4. Set the compatibly mode to "always run this program as Administrator".
5. You could try that, but it won't solve much...

Upgrade your Video Drivers, that is all it takes.

Quote:
Quote:
1. Upgrade video drivers
3. Reinstall it
4. Run it as an admin?
1. Yes.

1. Never really solved any problems for me in the past, but ive heard it from others.
2. solved alot of crashing problems for me in the past, including on windows XP.
3. Never tried it.
4. Never tried it.
5. Solves alot of problems alot of times for me and vista to be honest.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
1. Upgrade video drivers
3. Reinstall it
4. Run it as an admin?
1. Yes.

1. Never really solved any problems for me in the past, but ive heard it from others.
2. solved alot of crashing problems for me in the past, including on windows XP.
3. Never tried it.
4. Never tried it.
5. Solves alot of problems alot of times for me and vista to be honest.
Well. If you have Vista, I guess they are usually very helpful options...

Quote:
Quote:
1. Upgrade video drivers
3. Reinstall it
4. Run it as an admin?
1. Yes.

I've tried all of these, I know this may sound a bit retarded, I don't have my disk (I lost it while moving), So I'm using a 1.0 US Crack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan0189
Quote:
Quote:
1. Upgrade video drivers
3. Reinstall it
4. Run it as an admin?
1. Yes.

I've tried all of these, I know this may sound a bit retarded, I don't have my disk (I lost it while moving), So I'm using a 1.0 US Crack.
No, it doesn't sound retarded at all. What crack or no-cd fix are you using? I ask because it may be the problem, depending on the crack/cd fix, it could be stopping SA:MP from working.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan0189
Quote:
Quote:
1. Upgrade video drivers
3. Reinstall it
4. Run it as an admin?
1. Yes.

No, it doesn't sound retarded at all. What crack or no-cd fix are you using? I ask because it may be the problem, depending on the crack/cd fix, it could be stopping SA:MP from working.
I'm using one that I found on ******, I'll take a look into where I got it from if you want.

Yeah, you should do that... Send me the link in a PM so we don't get into trouble.